Thread: 110 trail hunter stock weight

110 trail hunter stock weight

Savage list the weight of the 110 trail hunter at 8lbs even for the 6.5 Creedmoor. While not terrible it is a little heavier than what I would like. Preference would be to have the rifle scoped and all at 8lbs or lighter.

Mcmillian makes a carbon fiber stock which comes in at 32oz or 2lbs. I was wondering how that compares to the factory equipped hogue stock? Would it bring the weight down? I would like to keep the same barrel profile to eventually run a suppressor on the end.

Would it be possibly to bring the weight down or should I look at a different model?

You probably will not get it close to 6.5lb with scope and mounts. It’s hard enough to get the Ultralight to that weight.
    Hogue does not list the stock weight on their website from what I could find. They offer the stock with pillars or with a full bedding block. The bedding block stock will obviously weigh more. Not sure which style come on the Trailhunter?

I think its the pillar bedded version. I found a weight number on their website for a different rifle but similar stock pillar bedded version is roughly 2.2lbs. I guess my 8lb total rifle weight is a bit of a stretch. I really would like it under 9-10lbs

Not sure why I said 6.5lb total? I was thinking 6.5 bare and 8 total. Sorry for the confusion.

A factory savage Tupperware stock may save a little weight. A set of Talley base/ring combo rings will save a little more. Not many other ways to save more.

You could most likely get a carbon stock and carbon barrel and meet your target weight. Just depends how much you wanna spend.