Thread: JBM & MIL readings???

Basic Member

JBM & MIL readings???

OK...I'm good on MOA...totally new on MIL. Getting ready to p/up my Zeiss S3 in MIL. A bit anxious about all that I don't know about MIL.

Went to JBM - my favorite site for viewing ballistic data - plugged in cartridge / bullet / speed / BC etc, etc. Hoping to find MIL data.

What I can't find is the box to check so my input data comes out in MILs. Keeps coming out in MOA. Maybe it's supposed to??? IDK.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Team Savage

I haven't used their program but did check the Trajectory calculator, I was able to click the drop down for windage and elevation and change from MOA to MIL repeat at bottom of calculator for output as well. Hope that helps.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    I haven't used their program but did check the Trajectory calculator, I was able to click the drop down for windage and elevation and change from MOA to MIL repeat at bottom of calculator for output as well. Hope that helps.
    Hey Phil...

Thank you, greatly appreciate the suggestion. Went directly to JBM - looked on the data entry page - cannot find the word Trajectory anywhere????? I checked the box for Meters in the bottom left corner of page - still MOA?????? I know you are right Phil - I'm just not checking the right boxes.

Basic Member
    There is an area just above the bottom section that has selections for the output columns. You can click on them to get a drop down that allows for MIL, MOA, and others.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    There is an area just above the bottom section that has selections for the output columns. You can click on them to get a drop down that allows for MIL, MOA, and others.
    Found it Charlie. Thank you.

Column 1 and Column 2 - changed to MIL settings. Done. There is hope for me. :-) Maybe. I failed math in school too many times to count. I am a tenacious soul though.

Very much enjoying this site. Thanks to helpful folks like yourself.

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Taidog1 View Post
    Thank you, greatly appreciate the suggestion. Went directly to JBM - looked on the data entry page - cannot find the word Trajectory anywhere?????
    Happy to help, this is the calculator I thought you were using - https://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.1.cgi