Thread: Elftmann Tactical Trigger Savage 110- Accidental Discharge

Elftmann Tactical Trigger Savage 110- Accidental Discharge

So I purchased the ElftMann Savage trigger from Buds Gun Shop about a week ago. After the first 20 rounds, it worked perfectly, even following the Youtube video recommending checking for debris. Rounds 21 and 22 while rechambering a round fired. Thinking it was my fault, I adjusted the rifle to its maximum pull weight another accidental discharge. I contacted Elftmann there response was that it could be an old design. Please send it in for a replacement. Not to mention, they have never heard of Buds Gun Shop I personally believe the trigger design is flawed with such a weak spring. I wonder how many generation of the trigger are floating around. I did ask the manager/owner to reach out to me. I honestly just went back to the accu trigger. If anyone else has had trouble, do you know a solution? I'm all ears?

I don't know anyone who has had an issue. Could have been an error. Most people say the trigger pull weight is not low enough. Send it to me and I will test and return it with my analysis.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    I put this trigger in 3 rifles. One started getting slam fires off the bench. When i put a trigger pull gauge on it, it was way lower than i set it. And was also all over the map, and adjusting the screw wasnt doing anything. Took it apart all the way, wiped it down, reassembled, good to go. Also ive had to screw with them a bit to get the 3 stage safety functioning properly. So theyre not exactly a set it and forget it deal, but with a bit of messing around all of mine are squared away and i have no desire t put the accutriggers back in.

Send me a message I'll send you some pictures of the back of the tigger and the stuck piston.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Scream View Post
    I put this trigger in 3 rifles. One started getting slam fires off the bench. When i put a trigger pull gauge on it, it was way lower than i set it. And was also all over the map, and adjusting the screw wasnt doing anything. Took it apart all the way, wiped it down, reassembled, good to go. Also ive had to screw with them a bit to get the 3 stage safety functioning properly. So theyre not exactly a set it and forget it deal, but with a bit of messing around all of mine are squared away and i have no desire t put the accutriggers back in.
    Similar issue the stage 3 trigger/safety does not function as designed. Do you remember your fix?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy951 View Post
    Similar issue the stage 3 trigger/safety does not function as designed. Do you remember your fix?
    Just making small adjustments back and forth until it all worked, and then snugging the nut down good while holding the little screw in place. Its pretty finnicky, but with a little patience youll find the sweet spot.

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy951 View Post
    Send me a message I'll send you some pictures of the back of the tigger and the stuck piston.
    Private messaging, send or receive, is not available until you become a Basic member after 15 posts.