Thread: Model 10 break action pistol info , please help

Model 10 break action pistol info , please help

Hello ,
    just joined as I have been trying to find information on a model 10 break action .22 long rifle pistol I have . My Google foo is not strong but I have found this pistol seems to be a model 10. I have attempted to fire it but seems the firing in may be worn or too short. I was going to order one but I have not been able to find much of any information on line. It has patent date or April 27, 1920 , 22 long rifle but I can not find a serial number on it. I have not removed the grips so I am curious if it’s under there and if any parts are available.
    Factory I assume is hard to find so new production is fine if available. Also this gun seems to be immaculate if it’s from the dates I am seeing they were made.
    What dates were these made from and have any been made in more recent years?
    Thank you I’m advance for any information .
    Last edited by Bolonytony24; 03-30-2024 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Trying to add a pic

Welcome aboard and Please post a picture

Quote Originally Posted by Mjshell View Post
    Welcome aboard and Please post a picture
    I have tried to add pic twice but I’ll Try again. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6177.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	469.5 KB 
ID:	10591

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6179.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	10592

Reach out to Numrich Gun Parts, maybe they can cross reference it for you

I was scrolling through an older post here and see the patent break down . It’s part labeled F .
    I was ok Numrich site and couldn’t find anything on it but I’ll try again or see if I can get in touch with them . Are you familiar with this model ?

No I am not, it’s the first one I’ve seen. Thanks for posting

Basic Member
    Very cool old pistol you have there.

Thanks , not having much luck finding info on it . It certainly doesn’t look to be 100 years old or it’s been well kept, I can not find one on the images that has the same color pattern , hoping someone here is familiar with them .

I don't recall having ever seen one either. It's a nice looking old pistol, thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Thank you

Team Savage
    While it may have some identifying marks under the grips, a serial # wasn't required back then. They weren't made for all that long and not in great quantities, either.

I've only seen one of those in my lifetime, and I seem to recall it having ivory-colored grips. That was back in the early 80s in Austin, TX. There was a small, older store called Chuck's Gun Shop on the I-35 feeder road near the UT campus. The wooden floor creaked when you walked on it, and the place smelled like Hoppe's #9. I am sure I left a portion of my tuition scholarship $$ there (and at a larger, more modern place called McBride's) back then. But to a kid who grew up with virtually no reloading supplies in his home town, those two places were intriguing and kept me broke haha.

That's a nice pistol you have. I hope you can find the parts you need. If nothing else, a good machinist should be able to replicate a firing pin for you.

Yes I am kicking over the machining option actually. Doesn’t seem to be much info available on these and the few I found on Google search all looked to have different grip colors . Not sure I had seen 2 alike on those images. I see a few were prototypes so
    i was wondering if that was the case why I didn’t see a serial number. I hadn’t realized that they didn’t require numbers at that time.
    I had fired it 10 years ago maybe once or twice . I was going to let my grandson fire it recently and that’s when I had found the issue with it. I pulled it apart and cleaned it up. Was hoping it was dirty or just not locking up completely but definitely seems the pin is too short.
    it’s pretty neat work that Luger look to it.

Heres a link to rimfire central that has some info on these pistols.
    (1) Stevens No. 10 pistol | Rimfire Central Firearm Forum

Quote Originally Posted by snowsnake View Post
    Heres a link to rimfire central that has some info on these pistols.
    (1) Stevens No. 10 pistol | Rimfire Central Firearm Forum
    thank you sir