Thread: Old guy, newguy

Old guy, newguy

I recently got into swapping barrels on 110s, and just found this forum.
    I pulled off a .30-06 barrel & put on an ebay .243 which shot just fine.
    Then I bought another 110, .270, pulled that barrel off, put the .243 on it and put an E R Shaw .35 Whellen on the first one.
    My name is John I am 83 years aged, I live North of the Twin Cities Mn. I shoot at the Dell-Tone Luth range 2 or 3 times a week. I promise to be quiet.

Welcome John. My name is Bill and I am 80 years aged. I promise to be quiet also.

Banned
    Welcome! My name is pretty obvious John.

Promise to be quiet?? What for All voices are welcome here sir. This is not a Forum were we try to belittle & silence others because their Post Count is low. HaHa! No, that’s not here. Been done different here for a long time. If a n man member happens to give incorrect or perhaps less than ideal information, others will say something. But it’s almost always with a respectful light. So please, don’t ever feel like that. I for one am eager to here from another with a long history in firearms.

Yeah, long history I guess I got, but I find my memory is not always correct these days so I try not to say too much because it may not be the actual way it was.
    I had some savage 99s and a 110 .243 back in the early days but now I'm just having fun with this barrel switching, the .243 barrel I bought off ebay cheap had some rust pits in the muzzle But it easyly stays under MOA.
    The Shaw .35 shoots well also, last time out it had 4 touching holes at 50 yds. then I threw one up & right about 1".
    The 24'' barrel is magnum contour so the rifle wieghs in at 9 lb. 2oz. I'm pushing Speer 250s at 2626.6 ave and that's about all the recoil I can handle anymore. aagh, so much fer being quiet!

Welcome John. I'm a youngster at 77 and fairly quiet. I've been barrel swapping since about 2010.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Team Savage
    howdy