Thread: Cataract Removal Surgery Yesterday

Team Savage

Cool Cataract Removal Surgery Yesterday

Shooters look out... Today I swear I saw a fly blow its nose at 1000 paces while warming up on a road sign! All while I was speeding away looking in the rearview mirror.

Yessiree Bob, Yesterday they blasted my left cataract ridden lens with ultrasound and sucked the remnants out through a straw. Then with a instrument inserted in cornea through the same hole the straw was , they "installed" a new lens!

It's a wonderful thing as today the world is clear and far more colorful than I can remember out of my left eye. I actually see the big deal about HDTV to boot!

April 1, I get the same treatment for my right eye.

Larry

Banned
    I’m happy for you Larry. Yeah, my father had that done some years before he passed. It was amazing for me in my late 30’s at the time, to have only known him with glasses, then one day he just doesn’t need ‘em anymore. Something else, really. While I don’t have cataracts, I’ve had pretty bad corrected vision with astigmatism since I was a young teenager. For the last decade I’ve so wanted to have LASIK done. Especially now with how common place & truly affordable it is! But my left eye completely blinded in 2010. I mean 100% blackness blinded! And I’m just apprehensive of having it done because although the chances of something happening are 1 in a billion, somehow I feel like I’d be the one! Serious…. As my luck goes, if it were raining Lady Parts outside… I’d get hit by a Prick! LOL! J/K.

But really, I just feel like I need to keep it protected.

Team Savage
    Today it was my right eyes turn to have a cataract ridden lens removed and replaced with a new artificial lens this morning a@ 8:15 AM. It is now 5:35 PM and WOW.

Surgery took 7 minutes from the time they blasted and sucked out the old lens with ultrasound/ans straw. Then the surgeon inserted the new lens. I talked to the surgeon throughout. Now I feel I actually see what a newborn sees. The world is bright, colorful, crisp and oh so clear. It truly put the HD back in my HDTV and that is no exaggeration. Sure things in the right eye are somewhat blurry at times yet do to the lingering dilation meds. Nonetheless its still WOW!

Spinal surgery end of the month! I am praying it's as successful as cataract surgery.

Team Savage

Congrats!

Had mine removed 4yrs ago. Wore contacts for almost 40yrs, so nice to get up in the morning and not need glasses to make coffee before putting my contacts in. I chose distance vision for priority, I'd been using reading glasses with contacts for 8 - 10yrs anyway so no big deal to continue with same.

Had that done in my left eye two years ago. I made the BIG mistake of having a close range lense put in. My vision is so screwed up now even with glasses. The eye operated on sees color in the blue spectrum, my normal right eye is more in the yellow range. at 77 yrs, I've learned to live with it and luckily it doesn't affect my shooting.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Just the thought of eye surgery - especially while I'm awake - gives me the heebee-jeebee's. lol I remember when my mom had hers done and she had to do the eye drops several times a day for weeks afterwards. I knew then and there I could never have such a surgery done as I can't hit my eye with an eye dropper to save my life. LOL
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Just the thought of eye surgery - especially while I'm awake - gives me the heebee-jeebee's. lol I remember when my mom had hers done and she had to do the eye drops several times a day for weeks afterwards. I knew then and there I could never have such a surgery done as I can't hit my eye with an eye dropper to save my life. LOL
    Is that the same heebee-jeebee's widely attributed to Billy DeBeck?