Thread: Mr. Hoback

Basic Member

Mr. Hoback

Very much wanted to send you this in a PM. Sorry...a new member...can't find where / how to do that.

So I've come here.

Long time viewer / poster on other shooting "sites." IMHO...there's nothing wrong with politely, constructively agreeing to disagree. To help each other. To share our experiences, hopefully to guide the first poster towards a successful outcome. A TEAM effort. Growing tired of all the UNECESSARY constant bitterness / criticisms toward other posters, I finally said goodbye. Haven't gone back.

Very happy with my recent Savage purchase, I found my way to this site. Browsing around the site, I found a single post that seems to be a great example of the general atmosphere here. I hope folks appreciate the comraderie here.

OK...so much for brevity...here's Mr. Hoback's response to a discussion going out of control.

Guys, relax.., Whoosa.., oam.., Rub your temples & ear lobes. It’s ok. This is not something to argue about either way. It’s been very well documented that some Savages suffer from feeding issues when chambered in the 6.5CM. Savage did themselves no favor making a sub-par fluted bolt sleet that only exasperates the problem. The OP is new to Savage and has no knowledge of this. He’s now been informed. Regardless, he has the right to feel the way he does. No reason to rebuke him for it. He has been informed & it’s his choice to regard or disregard that information Myself & Fred posted in the beginning. Just the same, there is no reason to argue among yourselves over a person not liking Savage on their first post.

Just wanted to say..........Good on you Sir. Glad to be here.

Team Savage
    Thanks for joining a Savage firearms forum and not bashing Savage in your first post.
    That show's class and is a great example of forum etiquette new members should take note of.

SJC

Banned

Welcome. I don’t read any other forums anymore. I’m only here. And this is a great site with some great people. And a ton of firearms knowledge.

Edit: By the way, you’ll be able to send personal messages after you have like 25 thread posts I believe. It’s a safety feature of the site. Oh yeah…. I’m just David partner. My dad was Mr. Hoback.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post

Welcome. I don’t read any other forums anymore. I’m only here. And this is a great site with some great people. And a ton of firearms knowledge.

Edit: By the way, you’ll be able to send personal messages after you have like 25 thread posts I believe. It’s a safety feature of the site. Oh yeah…. I’m just David partner. My dad was Mr. Hoback.

Understood David. :-)