Thread: 110 hog hunter 350 feed problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

110 hog hunter 350 feed problem

I have a feeding problem with my 110 hog hunter 350. Either the bolt rides over the cartridge not feeding, or the round tips up, jamming on the top of the chamber mouth.

Tried the mag from my flawless Axis, same thing. Tried the mag from my 110 in my Axis, no problems.

Ideas? I already emailed Savage.

Banned
    Try opening the feed lips of the magazine a little.

I get that you swapped mags and they both function fine in the Axis, while failing in the 110. They are two different rifles. It could be that the stock is grabbing the magazine too low. But very likely it’s a case of tolerance stacking.

Basic Member
    I think upon close examination what is happening is that the cartridge is leaving the feed lips before it has started into the chamber.

Banned
    Hmm, I that’s interesting. It doesn’t account for the Bolt riding over the round though. That can only be caused by the round sitting too low. Either in the magazine (feed lip adjustment) or the mag held too low in the stock. One other thing: You said you tried the mag from your Axis? Is it also chambered in 350 Legend? If not, I would not expect it to work. The 350 Legend magazine from Savage is pretty strange lol design. The lips are farther forward than others for bottle neck cartridges & there is a cutout portion of the lips in the back where the block is.

This the same mag you have for yours? (The feel lip design is crucial)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Hmm, I that’s interesting. It doesn’t account for the Bolt riding over the round though. That can only be caused by the round sitting too low. Either in the magazine (feed lip adjustment) or the mag held too low in the stock. One other thing: You said you tried the mag from your Axis? Is it also chambered in 350 Legend? If not, I would not expect it to work. The 350 Legend magazine from Savage is pretty strange lol design. The lips are farther forward than others for bottle neck cartridges & there is a cutout portion of the lips in the back where the block is.

This the same mag you have for yours? (The feel lip design is crucial)
    Yes, same mag both rifles, both 350. That's what has me perplexed, I see no reason for the glitch. The failure to pick up a round, I think was mag not seated right in rear. Hasn't happened again.

Basic Member
    Problem seems to be how the rear tab on the mag locks into the rifle.