Thread: From the hills of Arkansas.

From the hills of Arkansas.

Veteran, married, & most importantly, retired. Political & economics junkie. Been an AR guy for decades. I've studied/practiced most of the tactical aspects and decided to add to my skills with longer range skills. I reload & decided to use my existing ammunition stockpile so I purchased a Savage Axis II Precision in 223 w/Vortex 5x25 Venom scope. Wanting to learn longer range skills to augment my AR shooting & become more rounded. I've been impressed with the info gained here & looking to add more.

Banned
    You are most welcome my friend.

I share your seeming fondness for the AR15. It’s still my favorite rifle bar none. I’ve built more than I care to remember since 2005, (actually I’ve never owned a factory AR… my custom builds only!), and since about 2016 or so, I have only built the last several or so, from the 80% Billet Lowers I first machine. Truly custom AR’s for less than half the price tag of the Top shelf units. (And mine are nicer!) Not to mention, Great fun!

However, higher powered rifles for long range affair have been with me long before the AR’s. As a matter of fact, it was a Savage 111 I had first. How I loved that rifle. Being the first high power I purchased myself when I turned 18yo. It started my, not just fondness of, but rather an absolute love & admiration I have for the Savage 10/110 platform.

I wish you good luck with your Axis II. And may it bring you the same consistent performance & warm feelings my Savages have brought me for nearly 3 decades!

Welcome
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Welcome to the group. I recently finished a 450 Bushmaster build on the AR platform, 18" bbl. Awesome shooter with 250 gr FTX.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67