Thread: brand new list of DVH inventory barrels, including factory TC

Team Savage

brand new list of DVH inventory barrels, including factory TC

Craig just sent me another list. Call or text for interest or questions. 602-316-8299

Thanks Bobby, I’m mailing Craig a check 6.5x225 imp

Cool! What is a 7x30 VH Special? Like an Ackley?

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by BT View Post
    Cool! What is a 7x30 VH Special? Like an Ackley?
    Yes. He used "VH Special" to avoid conflict with JD Jones and the 7-30 JDJ. You can use the Hornady 7mm neck sizer for most of your loading and one of several dies for the body when needed instead of having to buy custom dies.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjshell View Post
    Thanks Bobby, I’m mailing Craig a check 6.5x225 imp
    Awesome! I had one of those with a 22" barrel a few years ago, and it shot like a dream.

Team Savage
    Three from the new list have already sold, so if anyone is on the fence and thinking about one, you may want to hurry. When they are gone, they are gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Tomek View Post
    Yes. He used "VH Special" to avoid conflict with JD Jones and the 7-30 JDJ. You can use the Hornady 7mm neck sizer for most of your loading and one of several dies for the body when needed instead of having to buy custom dies.
    Thats definitely interesting. I just received another barrel yesterday and a frame Friday, so I probably ought to chill out awhile and let the fun funds recover. I’ll keep my eye on these VH’s though.

I’m hoping my 6.5jdj dies will work with the 6.5 x 225 imp

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjshell View Post
    I’m hoping my 6.5jdj dies will work with the 6.5 x 225 imp
    They should as the two are identical. I used 6.5 JDJ dies with mine.

That’s good news, I’ve got everything I need including formed brass. Even some loaded.

I don't know whether to feel a little proud or a little sad that there's nothing on the new list that excites me. :D :D :D There are a couple of things that seem interesting but not enough to warrant the expense of setting up to load for a new round.

The 25x225 Improved would be very cool but I just don't think it would be enough of an improvement over my current 25 Bullberry other than being a little longer, which I would prefer.

I'm in the market for a 14" rimfire barrel and that 17HMR is probably an excellent example of that but I have my sights set on the Mach 2 instead just because I like the idea of it being a little different and the ammo is cheaper. :)

The 32 H&R Mag has always been intriguing to me but I've decided that I'd rather stick with a good ol' 38 caliber for that sort of thing.

Craig will be sending my 357 Mag carbine barrel this week and Marty will ship me a Lynx frame next week. If I can make progress on my carbine stock production, I'll have a l lot to play around with for a while. :)

Basic Member
    i tried both the mach2 and the HMR in 14in barrels, and ended up keeping the mach2. The HMR was a blued SSK barrel, the mach2 a stainless MGM; both shot well with their preferred ammo, but in the end i liked the mach2 better, and since all i use 'em for is squirrel hunting, the mach2 was a better fit for me.

I adopted the 22hornet pistol barrel off that list, been liking smallish stuff more than big boomers lately. (And that .32mag did sound interesting, but i have a 10in factory)

what glass you stickin on that .357 carbine?

Quote Originally Posted by FyrepowrX View Post
    i tried both the mach2 and the HMR in 14in barrels, and ended up keeping the mach2. The HMR was a blued SSK barrel, the mach2 a stainless MGM; both shot well with their preferred ammo, but in the end i liked the mach2 better, and since all i use 'em for is squirrel hunting, the mach2 was a better fit for me.

I adopted the 22hornet pistol barrel off that list, been liking smallish stuff more than big boomers lately. (And that .32mag did sound interesting, but i have a 10in factory)

what glass you stickin on that .357 carbine?
    One of the reasons I'm thinking that I'd rather have the Mach 2 in a Contender is that there are so many HMR bolt guns out there (and even the A-17 semi-auto) that if I really want to mess with that round, I feel like for less than the price of a barrel I can have a whole, great-shooting rifle. :)

I've already got a 10" 22 Hornet or I'd be interested in any of those 22H offerings.

I'll probably put a Vortex Crossfire 2-7X on the 357. Either that or a Nikon 2-7X. I'm going to be switching a couple of things around and getting rid of one of my 44 cal barrels so whichever one I pull apart first will be what goes on the 357. Both of those are good scopes and I like the 2-7 for those "short-range" chamberings. :)

Bobby,

Craig called last night to let me know he was shipping my barrel. He said he was down to approximately 15 barrels. Anyone that is interested should reach out to him. He said the response has been crazy.
    you might want to get with him and update the list. Seemed like a very nice gentleman. I appreciated the call.

Team Savage
    Thanks. I just texted him for an updated list. I'll post it once i have it.

Team Savage
    Craig just told me that he found a set of RCBS dies to go with the 17 Mach IV barrel that I think was on the first list. He said the are $100.