Thread: Ejector stuck ?

Ejector stuck ?

I have tried kroil, heating it, pushing it down and letting snap back for about 2 days now. I am thinking about using a small drill bit and try spinning it. Does anybody have any other ideas? I had 2 blown primers when working up a load and it jammed the ejector. The ejector moves up and down but it will not come up any further than just barely above the bolt face.I am about to put the pin back in and forget about I am going to put a single shot floor plate in it anyway.

Dangerous Dan

Re: Ejector stuck ?

I Remove The Retaner Pin and I Touch Them With a Carbide Drill 99% of The Time They Come Out , The Next Time You Are Working Loads Up Look at Each Pice Of Brass and If It Blows Don't Shoot The Next One It will save You Some Greef , You also May Want To Make Shure You Fireing Pin Portusion Is Ok . You May Have More Than One Thing Going On . I Hope This Helps and You Get It Back Shooting Soon DD

Basic Member

When I had this happen to me I removed the pin, kroiled it, then smacked the bolt hard against the bench top face down and the ejector came out by itself. In mine, the spring was ruined and needed to be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dan
    I Remove The Retaner Pin and I Touch Them With a Carbide Drill 99% of The Time They Come Out , The Next Time You Are Working Loads Up Look at Each Pice Of Brass and If It Blows Don't Shoot The Next One It will save You Some Greef , You also May Want To Make Shure You Fireing Pin Portusion Is Ok . You May Have More Than One Thing Going On . I Hope This Helps and You Get It Back Shooting Soon DD
    Dan this was 2 blown primers from 2 different loads. I started out 1 gr. below Max and I am almost 2 gr. below now. All the other numerous 22-250 s I have loaded for in my 40 some years loading have never had pressure signs show this early nor as bad. I have a Rem. that I just put a new barrel on that has had around 10K rounds put through the Douglas barrel it had on it and no problems.

I finally got it out, it seemed to have a little ridge on it at the back edge of the notch that is cut in the ejector.

[/quote]
    I started out 1 gr. below Max and I am almost 2 gr. below now.
    [/quote]

I had a .300 H&H that would start to show pressure signs at 2 grains above the starting load in 70 degree weather. There is a reason they put those starting loads in the books.

Bob
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!