Thread: Will any 110 LA bolt fit 12 LA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Will any 110 LA bolt fit 12 LA

Hi Guys
    I just bought an old model 12 LA in 223 and it will be here in a week or so. While I am waiting on it, I want to get a complete bolt with 308 head for caliber switch.
    My question is, will any 110 LA fit or is there changes that have happened over the years. The model 12 coming in is a LA older one.
    Thanks

So if it’s an older model LA it isn’t a model 12. It would be a 112.
    Now, do you know it is a true long action with a 5.0” action screw spacing? Or could it be and older intermediate action with a 4.522” screw spacing?

You just need to be positive what you have so you can get the correct bolt. You could also just get the bolt head and baffle and swap it out when you do the barrel swap.

Basic Member
    I guess I will have to wait for it to come in. It is an older model 12 LA single shot, thats all I know right now.
    Thanks

Basic Member
    Thanks Pdog06
    It has a Kreiger barrel on it so that would explain 112 vs 12 confusion. I will wait for it to come in and check it out.

Banned
    There is no confusion. It it’s a Long Action, it’s a model 112, not a 12. Is it one of the Blued ​single shot Actions? Laminate or synthetic stock?

Basic Member
    confusion on my part, it is blued action, laminate stock.

“Basic”= Basix. As in Rifle Basix. More than likely anyway. Have seen them called “rifle basic” numerous times on different forums…lol.

Either way you got a good rig there! Those long action single shots have been very sought after over the years.

Congrats and can’t wait to see the pics you’re getting ready to post…hint hint

Banned
    Yup. Makes sense. Never saw them called that, but I’m not on any other forums. And people are always getting words wrong so, sounds about right. Good call pdog. Probably is a RifleBasic trigger, not a Timmy trigger!

Basic Member
    Yes, thats it Rifle Basix. Thanks for more info. and I will start looking around for a small shank barrel. I would have thought it would be a large. I might just leave it alone as the previous owner glass bedded the action AND about 2-3" of the barrel so a replacement barrel would have to be smaller dia. or I would have to grind it out. After I get some pics of course.

Banned
    My advise is to get the barrel contour You want. Don’t settle by conforming the barrel to the stock. Make the stock fit the barrel you wish to use.

Basic Member
    I finally got time to put the 1 piece rail on, changed scopes, and working on some loads. I took some pics but will have to redo them. I will get them up sometime I promise.