I have a 22LR MKII that I picked up a while ago and have finally gone out to shoot it. I loaded the magazine and the rifle with CCI Mini-mags and also CCI Quiet-22 subs.
Every time I pulled the trigger all I got was a click. This happened 100% of the time. When ejected the Quiet-22's had barely a nick on the rim, from the firing pin strike. The Mini-mags did have a slight impact line from the firing pin. I reloaded eavry cartridge a 2nd time just to see if they would ignite. Still 100% failure to fire. It all fired when run thru a different rifle though.
I pulled the bolt, and the firing pin moves easily thru the bolt slot. The bolt face is clean, and the clips holding the cartridge to the bolt seem to be working fine. The extractor/extraction works perfectly as well. I've cleaned and oiled the firing pin, and slot to no avail.
I'm guessing that the firing pin is moved forward solely by the inertia of the bolt head being slammed forward by the spring inside the bolt. I see no mechanical connection of the pin to any other part within the bolt assembly.
So, I'm at a loss and can use some advice on what to go looking for to resolve this.