Thread: New guy from Knoxville, TN

New guy from Knoxville, TN

I'm the new guy and have been an avid Savage shooter since 2008.
    I've finally found a need for this forum with a few questions and will possibly be more active as time goes by. I play by the rules, so if I manage to ask the wrong questions it's certainly not my intent.
    I'm an administrator on a couple of other gun forums, so navigating around here should be pretty easy.
    You can call me gearchecker, or Gregory, they're both fine by me.

Banned
    Howdy Gregory, welcome to SavageShooters.

Well I’m glad you now have a reason to be part of the group. Administrator on a Couple other Forum? Hmm, that’s an interesting tell. Looking forward to any questions you may have going forward. Care to tell us anything of yourself? What Savage rifles you possess and/or are your choice? You mentioned Avid Savage Shooter. That could have a few different connotations. I’ll give you two spectrums here: Myself for example, I am a die hard Savage 110 super fan! Have been since I was 18yo, a model 111 being the first high power rifle I ever purchased. There are others on the Forum who I would call Aprehensive Savage Owners. Perhaps they inherited a model, or just got one because the price was so low. Or perhaps were looking & excited to get one, but then it became a situation of buyers remorse. Anyway, those are the two ends and members fall anywhere within. Which Savage thinking would you consider yourself to be?

Team Savage
    Hello,

I am still a new member and in no time at all I have found; I indeed came to the right place. So much broad base info on how to correct factory issues to making a bench shooter. Most mods are something that can be done with a little patience and hand tool skills can do at home. Why? Because Savage is such an easy platform to modify and work on at least the 110 types. The more you do the better your knowledge and skills will improve as its just that type of platform. Like Dave I am super fan of the 110 platform. I am repeating myself and will continue to do so.

"I have found the respect, kindness, honesty and integrity of the members of this site are bar none!"

By all means if your satisfied, become a paying member as the perks are even better, plus your supporting a great page!

If you want to post photos search for IMGG hosting. Super easy and if you have issues many guys will help you to get started. IMGG the hosting website can be found at https://imgbb.com/

Larry

Team Savage
    welcome

Welcome
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Welcome!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Team Savage
    welcome