Thread: Sometimes just asking pays off.

Banned

Sometimes just asking pays off.

What was once UNOBTANIUM, we mere mortals can now get our hands on. This all started by just contacting them & asking. A bit of back & forth with Noemi (who sounds like a wonderful person!), sent some part numbers and viola! Way to go Lance & Noemi! Thank you! And to forum members: You’re Welcome.

https://www.gunshack.com/savage-part...igger-assembly

Here’s the big one!
    https://www.gunshack.com/savage-parts/savage-sear-6oz

Team Savage
    You da man Dave :)
    So, the trigger, sear, and sear spring (plus shipping) gets you the whole thing for about $140?

Fantastic, especially the sear. Took a lot of looking a couple of years ago to find those unicorns and add them to the tool box. Hopefully these will remain available. Whatta Hobby!
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Game changer!

Banned
    GunShack coming through for the little people! I love their business philosophy & customer service is above & beyond. Yes, I’m excited. I’ve been looking for relentlessly for 2 years. Had other places not respond & turn me down flat. Maybe a year ago, I spoke with Savage Arms. Was on the phone for probably a half hour or more. Spoke to a CS Rep then asked for a manager. I explained everything to him. Gave him my background, my extensive history with Savage 110 rifles and said I’d sign whatever needed signed, pay whatever they wanted. But they just would not budge! FFL they’ll sell you whatever. But not to people like me. I’ve contemplated getting an FFL, just for this kind of stuff. But I shouldn’t have to. I don’t sell anything and I’m not looking to. But finally, some success with great online shop!

Great people to deal with for sure!

A year or so I inquired about a bottom bolt release trigger guard assembly(with the release button). At the time they only sold the trigger guard with no button assembly, and didn’t sell the bolt release part separately. I told them that I needed the whole setup due to upgrading my factory stock and parts, and would be nice to have the complete assembly. Not sure if it was my phone call or if it was already in the works, but About 3 weeks later they started carrying the complete assembly.

Nice to have a place to have as much replacement parts available as they do, and even more special when they listen to the customer about things that are wanted by the end users!

Basic Member
    Fabulous! Now I am jealous to boot! Wish they had something for us poor folk with Bottom Bolt release Savages. My new Switchback trigger is like pulling a trailer with one finger.

I use Gun Shack regularly. Always a pleasure.

Basic Member
    Now you’ve went and killed the value of my LRP with target trigger. just anybody can rise to the level of my action now. The peasants will no longer admire me and want to be like me

Banned
    You’re not kidding it’s a Game Changer. We only see one for sale once in a blue moon. They aren’t being replaced at the same rate as the normal Accutrigger. I think people like having 6oz. pull capability and have 0% chance of an accidental discharge. That is a huge reason I prefer the Accutrigger. Also, I like that it mimics a 2-Stage trigger.

Banned
    Hare we are fellas. This is such a happy addition to my Rifle.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    You’re not kidding it’s a Game Changer. We only see one for sale once in a blue moon. They aren’t being replaced at the same rate as the normal Accutrigger. I think people like having 6oz. pull capability and have 0% chance of an accidental discharge. That is a huge reason I prefer the Accutrigger. Also, I like that it mimics a 2-Stage trigger.
    I love the target trigger and the LRP. I bought the gun on gunbroker a couple years ago for $630 and fell in the love with it. I may have to upgrade my other savage to the target trigger now. And I’ve thought about getting a trail hunter but my budget is being cut quite a bit taking a missionary position overseas

Quote Originally Posted by KMW1954 View Post
    Fabulous! Now I am jealous to boot! Wish they had something for us poor folk with Bottom Bolt release Savages. My new Switchback trigger is like pulling a trailer with one finger.

I use Gun Shack regularly. Always a pleasure.
    My new Trail Hunter measure in at 3.9 lbs. I can't get it any lower than that adjusting it. All my other Savages I was able to get down to 2.5 lbs where I like it. I've already ordered the Target Adjusting Spring from Gun Shack. Gun is brand new, and I tried to call Savage and got put on hold for 2.5 hours until a message finally said to call back during business hours. (at closing time), and then sent an email 10 days ago with no reply yet, so I just ordered the spring from GunShack. I actually ordered 4 for $30 ($6 each + shpping) instead of 1 for $17. (included a $5.00 small item fee). I just want to get it down in the 2+ lb. range...hopefully a new light adjuster spring does it.

I don't think I want to use this light trigger for a hunting rifle, but I'm glad to see it's now available.

My 300winmag (fairly new) is a bottom release. I was able to get that trigger adjusted succesfully down to about 2.5 lbs.