I actually did this for member William2005, and his 6.8 Western MAxis build. His thread has most of the pictures as I was machining the parts. Doing an Adjustable firing pin swap, using a 110 LA firing pin assembly, allowed the the Magnum Bolt Head Shank to stay the full 1.000”. A few thousandths over, actually. I had to remove roughly .250” from the front & rear of the LA firing pin, retread the back and machine the flats longer. And also turn the front section down the same amount I removed. I cut roughly 3.5 coils from the spring, although I believe quite a bit more can be safely removed without fear of light primer strikes. But since this is a first, I wanted him to have a more or less factory over sprung tension. He can always trim more down the road after his MAxis is proof tested & broken it.

So, without further delay, here is the very First MAxis Bolt assembly with a custom Adjustable Firing Pin setup able to achieve near perfect .035” pin protrusion & never a need to worry of light primer strikes.

Next to the Axis bolt head it came with.

The custom made Axis Adjustable Firing Pin assembly, and the few coils removed. BTW, check out Williams thread where I posted a picture of how I finish the cut end of springs so they are like factory again.