Thread: Invasions and Gunsmithing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Savage

Invasions and Gunsmithing

Since I have been on the internet for some 80 hours or more now putting together ideas for my Savage 12BSS upgrade/build. In my times of reflection two things is perfectly clear.

First, I feel sorry for any country, person, or government that tries to invade or takeover the USA. There is a slug of law abiding, respectful and very knowledgeable shooters out there. With 99% of them very accurate with their tools of the trade that I bet would participate in defending our flag if called upon.

I am pleased to say that the 2nd amendment is very much alive.

Second, there a need for more skilled gunsmiths out there and even gun manufacturers. If any one on here has high school aged children that would like to learn a trade that indeed would pay very well in a few short years. All with just a few courses in using CNC, Metal Lathes and End Mills: GUNSMITHING is that trade. One I believe would last a lifetime. Don't believe me? Luke Horak of Arrowhead Rifles worked with me at a government manufacturing business decades years ago for a summer engineering internship later hired on as an engineer full time. I would like to think Luke and I became good friends.Luke his spare time began Arrowhead Rifles with the help of his parents managing shipments I believe. He has long left a engineers desk and working for someone. Now he is a premier long distance muzzleloader and rifle builder in AZ. His business continues to grow and grow. Selling his wares to famous people like Donald Trump Jr. Luke is not 40 yet I believe.

Gunsmithing is a physically active endeavour, but yet not much heavy lifting at all. Best thing is it will challenge your brain, and with today's internet calculators, not overload it with math.

Thanks for reading this mature mans blab,

Best Regards,

Larry
    Last edited by LDSILLS; 02-29-2024 at 12:56 PM. Reason: I forgot an plural...thats it