My first thought was lets build a heavily modified Savage 12BSS into a 600 yard gun. To do I would swap barrels from a .22-250 to a 6BR. So the web search for parts, advise and reloading info began. This started in January as I am laid up due to a walking deficit. I think the one person that I found offered the best advise was Eric Cortine in one of his videos. He basically said its a copy game read , interview and listen more than talk on what others are doing. Ive know this for years as I started shooting very young as I would copy my cousin and he would copy me when we shot. Only downfall was we had no money so we basically copied shooting techniques only.

That brings me here and my plans for the 12BVSS:

1) Stock, take that chunk of wood under the action and barrel and add a cheek riser. To me cheek weld is top priority when looking down that scope. People worry about reticle cant, I worry about HEAD cant. No shooter ever can drill one hole unless their eye sight is always in the same place when looking down the scope. Products Manufacturers I am considering is Atlasworx and
Stock Positioning Systems
2) Trigger, is a touchy subject. No pun intended. I used to practice trigger pull in my early twenties. Everyone is different. Some like Cortina is what I call a push button trigger man. From his videos he seems to push the trigger with the tip of the finger. Where as common shooter like hunters tend to wrap and actually pull. The difference is push button requires a very light trigger and pull type require a heavy trigger. I am considering brands such as Timney and Jard as they are available. But I may wait and just lighten up the accutrigger and then await for Trigger Tech's Savage release this year.
3) Bolt mods, are far and few from what I see on the net. But clearly Pacific Tool and Gauge out of Oklahoma has my attention.
4) Followers, as mine is not a single shot I need to change the bullet feed orientation. For That I already purchased a Score High Bench rest Follower from Midway USA for $15.00. Install was easy except I don't like the spring on the factory follower. So I used the Handyman's Secret weapon Gorilla Glue Duct Tape and taped over the bottom of the magazine box to hold it in place while the action and barrel are separated from the stock. Follower worked great and will be a plus not only on the Field Bench when shooting, It works great in the Gun Room for checking head space and bullet seating. No more fumbling.
5) Bolt Lug and Barrel Nut, Pre Fit Barrels are a mystery to me because I am old and old fashioned. But many years of engineering help me relax a tad as modern machining tools are so accurate you can ask for a 32 microinch finish from across the globe and that is what you'll receive and if it 10,000 of them they will have a 85% confidence level induced they will all be the same. Thus I will go to
Pacific Tool and Gauge out of Oklahoma and purchase their precise lapped lug and barrel nut.
6) Barrel, oh my where do you go? Well I believe I just might buy a Shilen and a Criterion. Both with a 4 groove. One an 8 twist and one with a 7.5. all based on Don Millers formula.
As the Criterion has a faster availability it will be installed first.

7) New Reloading Dies and other Stuff, so much is changing is changing in the reloading die world. Thus I needs a week worth of internet research and other info to decide. For barrel break in I believe Ill do it with some sierra matchkings and believe it or not winchester brass. For zeroing I'll dig deep into my pockets and find look for factory loaded Berger Bullets, with Lapua brass in 6BR now. These are my off the cuff thoughts for now.

8) Rings and Glass, I have always been a Sightron Fan. Glass is very very clear. They are rugged and track well. Even my older S1 hunting scopes met the requirement of Sqaure'd line target test. Sorry Bryan Litz we we using your "Tall Target" idea a few decades before you were born. But all others go hear and Mr Litz has a great explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Wf...adeAssociation.

9) Schedule of Completion and readiness for serious work, I am planning on next year for actual bench work. Mods will take a year, mostly because every corner I take, I read or see something better, something that makes more sense, or someone else says hey I did this. Again "Copying" is an important factor. Hearing what others have done on here may change my direction. Now if I were 17-55 years old again I am sure I would rush, if it failed I'd do it again. But as I mature I know this could be my last of anything. So its important I complete this as with the very best of my skills and products.

10) It's already has begun; as mentioned I did install a single shot follower, I have also done a preliminary "on the stock" layout of the cheek riser. Which BTW has been chaged three times sinch I took this photo of the original layout a couple days back.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1685.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	232.1 KB 
ID:	10458

Final) Heres a final comment to this old man's long winded introduction. I found this on the net from the 6mmBR site. It was found a few days after I decided to proceed with this endeavor. None-the-less it is a very good outlay of what I am trying to accomplish. It's from the 6mmBR website and its entitled 6BR Savage Pac-Nor "Silk Purse"
https://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek036.html

Best regards,

Larry