Hey y’all,

I joined about 2 months ago inquiring about a factory ported heavy barrel 1993 3006 And got some help. Wood 110 shoots lights out. I liked it so good I found another nice one wood 308. Both of these rifles did well will some tinkering new timney triggers some polishing bolt lift kits and I love them.

always wanted a 6.5 creed found a heavy barrel axis at academy bought it then learned about the heavy bolt lift and when I say heavy I know what heavy is. Tried to removed the BAS screw that was gorilla torked in to put a bolt lift kit in and a new bolt handle to help. Watched some videos this would have been my third time I did the other 2 rifles before this myself. Read where axis rifle in particular can be extremely difficult to back out. Got the old Cheater bar and stripped it of course. Trip to the gunsmith to remove new BAS screw. Got another on the way will be torked to human tightness

bought a brand new savage 12 bctsv heavy barrel 22 250 had cycling issues read about the fixes on that could not get it straight took that gunsmith and is flawless now. Shoots lights out cycles well. Last and old savage 17 hmr never any
trouble. All of these are done shooters at a hundred. But all took work or gunsmithing is this what I am to expect with savage rifles. I have a large collection of all types of rifles yes some high end but savage appeals to me for 2 reasons. Duty and accuracy. I eat meat and hunt hard.

I purchased the two old ones from a private Collection recently. the 17 was had forever. The 12 heavy was new.

which brings me to yesterday. Brand new 6.5 creed savage 10 ultralight the fancy one with the carbon fiber barrel. It was marked down to an excellent price. I cycle the bolt and it felt very rough but I’ve read this will smooth out and was also told this by the gun dealer. So today worried about the feeding issues like the model 12 I loaded the mag put the 3 position safety to the cycle safe position and guess what cycles terrible almost can’t closed the bolt without excessive downward pressure doesn’t feel right. I know how to load a mag and pop it in. This gun is brand new expensive flagship model. I fix stuff I am mechanically inclined. But should I really have to work on a brand new rifle that goes for in the ballpark of 1500 bucks not to mention excessive downforce on the bolt risking a slam fire. I know there is a safety but I’ve seen slam fires. I’m keeping all my other savages cuz I got them tweaked and I love them. My friends son
Down the street wants to get into hunting. I’d like to recommend a savage with the accustock to grow with him but I don’t know if I can. He can’t tinker with anything and if he has problems that would be bad for a first gun and impression especially comming from me. I’m calling savage Tues after I call my gunsmith tomorrow and chat with him. What say y’all. Will savage make this one right? Or shall I try to get my money back and no more new savages or old ones.