Thread: 110 BBR and AICS magazines...

110 BBR and AICS magazines...

Probably a long shot (no pun intended), but is it possible to convert to an AICS magazine fed rifle without changing to a top bolt release?

If not, does anyone know the correct CURRENT part number? I'm having a difficult time locating the 139590c from the 10 year old post that covers this.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Of course. I think there is only one bottom metal which supports BBR, the PTG Bottom metal. And the easiest way is by using one of the several Chassis which support BBR. Best dollar for dollar is likely the Oryx, but there are others. If you are talking about using your factory stock, we’d need to know exactly what you have. (With pictures) And even then, it could require some custom work.

https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/savage-bottom-metal/2243-savage-short-action-sa-stealth-bottom-metal-w-4275-hole-pattern.htm

https://mdttac.com/oryx-chassis-system/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Of course. I think there is only one bottom metal which supports BBR, the PTG Bottom metal. And the easiest way is by using one of the several Chassis which support BBR. Best dollar for dollar is likely the Oryx, but there are others. If you are talking about using your factory stock, we’d need to know exactly what you have. (With pictures) And even then, it could require some custom work.

https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/savage-bottom-metal/2243-savage-short-action-sa-stealth-bottom-metal-w-4275-hole-pattern.htm

https://mdttac.com/oryx-chassis-system/
    Thanks. Just brain storming.

Savage 110 hunter xp in .308.
    Currently in factory stock with Matthew's Fabrication Cheek Riser and Tactical Bolt handle installed.

Bought originally with the idea of dropping in an Oryx, then you know what happened to everyone's extra $$$.

Had an idea of keeping the plastic stock and going more of a "Scout Rifle" type of thing.

Banned
    Yeah, you’re not kidding about that one! Regardless of course, that certain people out there DENYING what we all experience every day! With prices out of control on everything. MAN, do I miss a certain a 4 year period of time when things were great! Ahh well.

Anyway, I do recommend the Oryx. When you’re able. Instant AICS & excellent performance. You won’t regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Yeah, you’re not kidding about that one! Regardless of course, that certain people out there DENYING what we all experience every day! With price out of control on everything. MAN, do I miss a certain a 4 year period of time when things were great! Ahh well.

Anyway, I do recommend the Oryx. When you’re able. Instant AICS& excellent performance. You won’t regret it.
    Thanks man.

Basic Member
    After looking at several options for a future build where I want AICS magazines, I think David has the best advice with using a chassis that is already setup for AICS magazines. From what I've read MDT's chassis are setup to work with both top and bottom bolt release. I also like the looks of the XRS and it looks they just added a Savage inlet options for their field stock as well.

LR

Quote Originally Posted by LReece View Post
    After looking at several options for a future build where I want AICS magazines, I think David has the best advice with using a chassis that is already setup for AICS magazines. From what I've read MDT's chassis are setup to work with both top and bottom bolt release. I also like the looks of the XRS and it looks they just added a Savage inlet options for their field stock as well.

LR
    Agreed. Was just hoping there was a more budget friendly option out there. I've got some decisions to make.

Banned
    What do you consider budget friendly?

The Oryx Chassis is sold everywhere for around $430, but usually a sale can be found where they are $399.
    The most economical Chassis available is the Trybe R.O.C.S. Chassis at like $310.
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/trybe-d...is-system.html

Both of these Chassis fit Savage 110 SA with BBR, accept AICS and are the easiest way to switch.

Using the PT&G Bottom Metal is the most economical way overall, but may require a bit of custom work.
    https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/sava...ealth-dbm.html