Thread: Rifle GOLF

Team Savage

Rifle GOLF

Watching more videos on Eric Cortinas YouTube page. He plays a game called 500 yard Blackjack. Well we beat him in farm areas. BTW: Eric as I have said, you have my full admiration for your accomplishments, your honesty and your equipment.

A little background, living with all of these cornfields and especially bean fields we learned to play this little game. WE call it RIFLE GOLF! Mind you it's great for yote hunters as it from the sitting position with tall bi-pods. And in the early 70's it was reason why we started it if my memory isnt playing games again. Its also a great introduction to using a MILL DOT Reticles, using Mill or MOA turrets, and learning to Dope the wind. All with the idea become a shooter that can shoot with nearly extreme accuracy. You know its like Sunday Rabbit shoots, must be head shots and they must be running. Or shooting like Jed Clampett and picking off flies at 100 paces.

Equipment:
    Bucket of old golf balls. (they are everywhere, local golf clubs to online ordering on amazon. Price $10 bucks or less per dozen dependent on QTY. I would start with a dozen to see if this game is for you.
    Old 1 or 2 wood
    Golf Tees
    Rifle with tall Bipod for sitting position shooting

Rules:
    Each contestant gets one ball and ten shots.
    A person hits the ball as hard as he can off a tee
    Shooter hitting the golf ball with the least shot wins.
    "Can be played alone"

Play
    Select Position. NOTE: MUST BE a suitable safe area where you can shoot at least 300 yards and has hill as backdrop. Do not shoot in rocks as a ricochete will hurt!!
    Person selects a club: 1 or 2 wood: and hits the ball anywhere in a 270 degree radius. Hint: If the person hitting the ball also shoots try to hit the ball where the wind has the greatest impact
    Shooter from a sitting position takes as many shots as needed to "HIT" the ball. Hitting the dirt and moving the ball is considered a Mulligan so the shooter essentially gets 11,12,13,14...shots depending on the mulligan times occurred.

Shooter can use what ever methods works for them for ball to barrel measuring. If the shooter uses a shooting program like GeoBallistics, they have 1 minute or less to come up with a shooting solution.

This is great for kids and BBGuns. You can use a kids golf set *Club and Big Ball" We find its great because it teaches the young ones gun safety while having fun. Make up the rules to suit the kids and their ages.

Later advance the young ones to a .22 and use a smaller club like one you know will push the ball around 10-35 yards. For non golfers get a cheap pitching wedge works great to start. No tees required.

Enjoy

Nice! Gave me an idea for our next prarie dog trip for what to do around lunch time when all the prarie dogs go in for a couple hours.
    Thanks