Thread: Jewel Trigger for Savage 116

TxJL

Jewel Trigger for Savage 116

Hello Ladies and Gents -

I am minutes old to Savage Shooters!

I have a 116 .270 and he to change trigger... I am open to all suggestions...

Thanks for the help

SM

Basic Member

Re: Jewel Trigger for Savage 116

could you please clarify your question? It is not very clear.
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

DGD6MM

Jewel for Savage? Don't believe they make one.

82boy

Jewel doesn't make a trigger for a Savage rifle. At one time Jewel made a few 3 oz bechrest trigger prototypes, but do to many different factors they stop making it. My guess is you have a hunting gun, and your not happy with the trigger, and your looking for an aftermarket trigger, is this right?

There are a few company's that make trigger for the Savage rifle if you do a search you will find hundreds of post that talk about the subject.

Sharp Shooters Supply (SSS) makes two triggers for the Savage rifle. One is their competition trigger; it is adjustable from 2lbs down to 12 OZ, and cost is under $100 bucks, it is a drop in trigger. Most people agree out of all the triggers their triggers have the best feel. The second is there Evolution trigger this is a BENCHREST ONLY trigger that has a 2oz pull. This is what I think about in regards to a Jewel trigger. Cost is around $300, and some additional work to the action and stock is needed.

Next is the Rifle Basix triggers, they offer two. Their Sav 1 with is similar to Timney, and Jard in price and design. (Around $100 bucks, they are drop in, and has a trigger pull of 4lbs to to 2lbs.) I don't see the advantage of them over a old style factory Savage 3 screw trigger that can be found for around $25 bucks. Rifle Basix has a second trigger called the Sav 2 it cost around $160-$170 it has a pull weight of 3lbs to 4oz. The Sav2 is realistic the only competition that the SSS comp trigger has. It is a toss up between the two, but majority of people claim that they like the fell of the SSS trigger better. Many also complain that the Sav 2 is hard to adjust.

That wraps up trigger in a nut shell.

TxJL

Sorry for the unclear question..

I am looking to change the current stock trigger, because it is horrible. I have heard Jewel is the best.

Thanks for any information.

SM

mjd199

Quote Originally Posted by 82boy
    Jewel doesn't make a trigger for a Savage rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxJL

I am looking to change the current stock trigger, because it is horrible. I have heard Jewel is the best.

SM
    I don't think he gets it.

Basic Member

There are several available replacements starting with a factory 3-screw trigger from Northland to factory replacements from Rifle Basix, Timney, and Sharpshooter Supply.

Basic Member

The basix sav-2 trigger can be tricky to install.I would go for the sav 1 or the SSS 12 ounce trigger. I have installed all of these and probably would choose the SSS trigger. Good luck.

TxJL

@ mjd199 Jewel doesn't make a trigger for a Savage rifle.

Quote from: TxJL on Yesterday at 10:25:40 PM

SM

I don't think he gets it.

I get it. I reposted the question and it appears there was lag.

To everyone else, thank you for the information..

SM