Thread: Need rimfire model identification

Need rimfire model identification

Today is my first day as a new member to Savage and Im joining out of frustration about not finding identification of a model. My primary Savage is a22lr FV SR with a green Boyds stock: otherwise known a Walmart Special. Great gun but this is another store, My other gun and the subject of this post is a mid-1980s model 93 in 22mag with HB . However the stock is flimsy plastic secured by a single bolt. The trigger guard and mag well are molded into the stock. Id like to update the stock. I contacted Boyds and they told me to contact Savage. Well I thought they had engineers who would know if the made a stock for a model 93 hb and be happy to help a possible customer; but no dice. I emailed Savage 2 weeks ago and they said customer service would contact me. Two follow up emails and no response. Can someone please tell me what receiver I have? Mod 93 non-E? There are 4 screws in the receiver holding the trigger group in but only 1 screw holding the stock in.

Frustrated in Moscow ID

Yours would have been made prior to the change to the E-Receiver. The E-Receiver's came about in the mid 2000's roughly when they came out with the rimfire Accutrigger.

As for Savage, you have to understand that the company has changed hands 2-3 times since your rifle was made and the ownership after 1992 or so is not liable or responsible for repairing or providing parts for anything made prior to their purchasing the company. That's just the way it is. Fortunately the Mark I/II/93R series changed very little over the years prior to the major changes that came with the AccuTrigger and E-Receiver.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    The "E" receiver came out in 2009. If your rifle was made in the 80's it would have been made by Lakefield. Savage didn't purchase Lakefield till after 1995.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."