Thread: New member for WNC

Basic Member

New member for WNC

New member here hoping to get a different perspective on my savage rifle ideas. I've tried getting some reasonable input for what I'm looking to do on another forum, but I've come to realize my budget doesn't fit the theme of that particular forum. I'm looking forward to getting some input on a possible project.

LR

Team Savage
    welcome

Banned
    Welcome.

If you haven’t been here you haven’t been given the best info for your Savage.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Welcome.

If you haven’t been here you haven’t been given the best info for your Savage.
    Dave, that's why I'm here...lol. Got to temper the hate from other forums.

LR

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LReece View Post
    Dave, that's why I'm here...lol. Got to temper the hate from other forums.

LR
    No kidding on that. Ah well… can’t fix ignorance in those places. Ya know?

Basic Member
    No kidding on that. Ah well… can’t fix ignorance in those places. Ya know?
    I'm at the point I'm just going to continue to browse the other forum for knowledge but not post anything. It's just so hard to weed through the junk to get a reasonable answer. I asked about scope recommendations and I gave my use and budget requirements to only get recommendations that I should spend at least double that or nothing will work. One person even went so far as to recommend that I buy three different ones, each costing almost my max budget, and send the two back that I didn't like. I guess they don't realize I'd have to front the upfront cost and that my budget wasn't just some arbitrary number.

I mean if what they're posting to be true; most of that forum's rifle setups cost more than two or three my vehicles combined....lol

LR

Banned
    I’m guessing you are speaking of Snipers Hide-Away CAMP! Yes, there are some knowledgeable people there, unfortunately it’s a lost cause. It’s so full of poison, it’s difficult for anyone new to get anything from it. Mostly middle aged children who think your rifle must be a Custom Action, (or a Rem 700), and the scope must cost around $2500 minimum. Otherwise you are somehow not worthy of being spoken to. Really, thee are some truly Vile people there! It’s probably as bad as ARF.com I’ve been on gun forums since super early… like 2002, 2003. There were mailing lists in the late 90’s and things went dark screen forum around the early 2000’s…nothing like today with all the ads. LOL! But these days, I’m on SavageShooters Alone!

Basic Member
    I’m guessing you are speaking of Snipers Hide-Away CAMP!
    You would be correct . I have to snicker some every time I read one of them talk about if they were buying at the poor or peasant level when discussing budget rifles, scopes, etc.

LR

Banned
    Yeeeup! Always a good laugh when one of ‘em shows there arse!

However, I will say there are some very knowledgeable, honest & quite kind shooters as well. It’s just weeding through to them is the problem. On anything scopes, there is one member over there, Poorboyr. I some with him a good bit and read many of his reviews. Absolutely, an honest, and fair individual. With no judgment whatsoever. He just told it like it was, and left out any bias. He reminded of Rex in the way he reviewed. So, still some good apples.

To be perfectly honest, the hate on Savages no longer bothers me. I know what they can & can’t do. And I know their limitations. But wherever I go, I don’t really get any hate. Not now. I have an insanely unique Savage 10 in 260AI. It’s more accurate than I am by a long shot. Does everything I ask it to. And was 100% hand built… by me…. With the ONE HAND I have! (It’s actually kinda difficult for people to poke fun of a disabled, half cripple man who’s blind in one eye & has a paralyzed left arm/hand. Not reeeely a popularity builder, so to speak. Smell’n what I’m stepp’n in pard?) No, seriously, it mostly gets compliments like, “That’s a SAVAGE!?”, or, “YOU built that!? Nice!”. So, yeah.

Truth is, like I’ve said: I have my Savage exactly how I want it. And I could not be happier with it. Every part is exactly what I want. I hope the same for you my friend. I’ll pray that when you finish building, your fondness & joy over your assembled creation, overwhelmingly drowns out any Savage hate or discouragement you might receive.

Here’s a picture of mine below. Only difference is I recently installed a bit heavier MTU profile, Criterion 28” barrel (the picture is wearing the it’s old 26” Shilen Varmint barrel), and it’s now using a set of 34mm Audere PSR scope rings, instead of the pictured 1-piece mount.

Basic Member
    That's a nice looking setup. Very similar direction that I hope to be taking my old rifle once I get it back.

LR

Team Savage
    welcome

Glad to have ya!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Welcome aboard!
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain