Thread: Model 10/110 ejection of Dasher and GT

Model 10/110 ejection of Dasher and GT

Anybody running a 6 Dasher or 6GT in a 10/12 or 110 action? If so, how is ejection given the cases are on the short side?

I know a SSS ejection kit is always an option (I have that on an old LA/.378 bolthead and it works well with 223 Rem) but curious about 'stock'.

Thanks!

Banned
    There have been issues due to the short case. Others have no issue. The the rifles with the problem, the cases won’t eject. The jump the ejector & end up laying in the Action. Some of the competition guys delete the ejectors anyway & just remove the cases by hand.

However, there are fixes for everything. There are the Lumley’s & Kinney’s Ejector/Extractor kits, which I install on every 10/110 I ever own! And there are a couple home brew fixes on top.

Basic Member
    I've never tried ejection with the 6BR. My Model 12 had trouble ejecting .308 so I just removed the ejector before I changed barrels to the 6BR. So, the extractor pulls the empty case out and I pluck it off the bolt. FWIW the cartridges feed from the fixed mag in the BVSS just fine.

Basic Member
    My 6gt seems weak to me. However the rifle started out as a 6creed. Which seemed fine. While I sorted out trigger issues on the new chassis build I only single fed the 6gt. Now that I have the trigger issue resolved I noticed the ejection issue. If I run the bolt fast enough , no problem. My next problem to solve.

Banned
    Yes, it’s because of the case length. The ejector loses its pushing effect against the case before it hits the sidewall of the Action. If you cycle a rifle with standard case like 308, 6/6.5 Creed. etc., slowly, then do the same with a short case like the 6GT, it’s easy to see the difference. Again, the Lumley or Kinney’s Bolt Head kits have longer Ejectors and sometimes cure the issue. Also, there are other mods which can be done, like below. The whole effort is just getting the the Ejector to maintain force until the case reaches the ejection port.

The Gay Tiger is about as short as you can get away with. The creed is the preffered 6 mm in a savage. MHO
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.