Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage 110. What do I have here?

Basic Member

My short action 10 FP .308 (2008) has an Accu-trigger without a fluted barrel with a top bolt release and a standard factory bolt handle.
    My short action 10 FCP-K .308 {2010} also has an Accu-trigger with a straight fluted barrel and a top bolt release and a standard factory bolt handle.

I agree it is a 110 FP with an aftermarket barrel and bolt handle.

Banned
    Savage only did the straight fluting and that really tight twisted fluting of the Highcountry.

I wish it was a tad bit lighter because I love 25-06 for hunting and I don’t do much hunting in a blind s it’ll be slung on my shoulder. As good as the thing shoots I don’t think I’ll mind the weight too much when I’m squeezing that trigger on a buck.

Banned
    Do a lightweight 25-06 on your next barrel change. There are a plethora of choices. And of course, barrels are consumables.

There is a chart with the old letter designation codes for the 10/110 series around here on the site somewhere.
    And yes the P designation was for law enforcement rifles. Except when used in conjunction with and X as in XP which were
    basically economy package guns with an inexpensive scope. The F was the designtion for synthetic stocks B was laminated. The C was detachable box, AK was adjustable brake, L was a lefty. Those are off the top of my head and there were a few others.
    Sporters in 25-06 are much easier to find than the long heavy tubes. The 110FPs in 25-06 arent quite a prevalent as most other chamberings. If i re.ember right in the 1990s there were also some long action FPs in .300Win, 30-06 and .270 though most were .223 or .308.
    They even offered an FP law enforcement package that came in a Pelican case with a Harris bipod and a Leupold scope and mounts.
    I havent seen one of those complete package setups in quite a few years and if I remember right they sold for about $600 new.
    If you want a 25-06 to hunt with Id suggest finding an F or G serial numbered ( those are my personal favorites) 111 in a synthetic stock and blind mag and tune that rascal up. Then load it with some 110gr accubonds and hunt.
    The FPs with their length weight and bulk are a real chore even in a box stand.
    Found a # and letter designation post so heres a link. Keep in mind that " Current" was as of the posting date and I dont think reflects as of today but is useful for the pre return to everything being 110 as it is now.
    https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...r-Designations
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    There is a chart with the old letter designation codes for the 10/110 series around here on the site somewhere.
    And yes the P designation was for law enforcement rifles. Except when used in conjunction with and X as in XP which were
    basically economy package guns with an inexpensive scope. The F was the designtion for synthetic stocks B was laminated. The C was detachable box, AK was adjustable brake, L was a lefty. Those are off the top of my head and there were a few others.
    Sporters in 25-06 are much easier to find than the long heavy tubes. The 110FPs in 25-06 arent quite a prevalent as most other chamberings. If i re.ember right in the 1990s there were also some long action FPs in .300Win, 30-06 and .270 though most were .223 or .308.
    They even offered an FP law enforcement package that came in a Pelican case with a Harris bipod and a Leupold scope and mounts.
    I havent seen one of those complete package setups in quite a few years and if I remember right they sold for about $600 new.
    If you want a 25-06 to hunt with Id suggest finding an F or G serial numbered ( those are my personal favorites) 111 in a synthetic stock and blind mag and tune that rascal up. Then load it with some 110gr accubonds and hunt.
    The FPs with their length weight and bulk are a real chore even in a box stand.
    Found a # and letter designation post so heres a link. Keep in mind that " Current" was as of the posting date and I dont think reflects as of today but is useful for the pre return to everything being 110 as it is now.
    https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...r-Designations
    I posted that link, BHJ. Post #6 on page 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    I posted that link, BHJ. Post #6 on page 1.
    I missed the link to the # and letter designation page in post 6. Knew it was still around Somewhere and now " Shazam"twice in one thread. :)
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Banned
    And two times is better than one! LOL! Because it’s TWICE as much!

Barrel fluting is definitely not Savage, nor is the bolt handle. On the barrel fluting, that looks like some amateur's guinea pig for learning to do spiral fluting as the flutes are soo narrow and shallow they're not doing the one thing they're meant to do - shave off weight.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12