Thread: Savage 10 308 convert to detachable mag

Savage 10 308 convert to detachable mag

Wanting to convert a Savage 10 308 top bolt release to magazine with FDE stock I already have, not sure of the model but looks like it would just need trigger guard and magazine (looks like stock is molded to take magazine direct with out "bottom" metal? Any advise/help would be great and which magazine I need to order as well. Trying to get some pics posted.

Banned
    We need to see the stock you have. Also, is your model 10 a Centerfeed or Staggerfeed? There are different types of magazines for Savage 110’s. A couple different factory styles & also the AICS. AICS is best option but would need a Bottom Metal. If your stock has no trigger guard, I’m thinking other parts are missing as well. Here’s a thread showing the different factory plastic bottom metals. https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...ting&styleid=4

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    We need to see the stock you have. Also, is your model 10 a Centerfeed or Staggerfeed? There are different types of magazines for Savage 110’s. A couple different factory styles & also the AICS. AICS is best option but would need a Bottom Metal. If your stock has no trigger guard, I’m thinking other parts are missing as well. Here’s a thread showing the different factory plastic bottom metals. https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...ting&styleid=4
    Staggered feed model 10 and looks like trigger guard would work in fde stock, think it may be off a model 14 with molded bottom metal. Can't figure out how to attach my photo?

Banned
    Use https://imgbb.com/ Upload photo then click on it and cops the BBCOD link from choices. And just paste the link right in your response in the thread. It will be a picture once you click post reply.