Just picked up a 110 FP Tactical yesterday, with a SightMark 4x16 Triple Duty scope. Chambered in .308
This is my first modern bolt action gun. I've got some pistols, AR's, and some milsups.
I want to go deer hunting this year (never been) and picked this up to learn how to shoot long distance.
From the research I've done. Its a Flat Back, Long Action, Pre-Accutrigger 110. Looks like it was manufactured in 1995 (Serial F500xxxx)
I believe it is a 24 inch Heavy Barrel (what is the benefit of a heavy barrel?) and it has a bipod on it. Was this stock or added later?
I'm wondering if this has an aftermarket trigger. There is no travel and the wall seems pretty light, is there a way to tell?
I believe the F means Synthetic Stock and the P means it was Police issued. Does the P mean it was available for law enforcement only?
This rifle doesn't have a detachable magazine and when I load it, it will fit 5 in the magazine very tightly. Its stagger fed, and when I load the firearm, the first cartridge loads fine and then ejects fine, but when it fails to pick up the second cartridge (staggered on right). I agitated the cartridge and tried again and it will pick up and eject, then the next 3 seem to be fine. I did this a couple times and it seems the issue is the 2nd cartridge. Is this only supposed to hold 4 and I'm overloading it? What could be causing this issue?

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I can't wait. What types of upgrades or mods should I be doing? I've seen some of the members 110's here and they look awesome!