Thread: After market mag

After market mag

I'm looking for a box mag for my 110 ultralight in 28 Nosler that holds 4 or 5 rounds. Does anyone make one?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Magazine that came with it. That’s it. They are proprietary.

Banned
    Or did you mean you just want another factory magazine? If so, the part number is Savage 55254, I believe. Most Savage magazines are out of stock everywhere. You may find one on EBay, but prepare for outrageous prices most of the time. I recommend just putting in a Backorder at Opticsplanet and simply wait it out. You’ll get it soon as they have it.

The factory one has 2 rounds. I bought another and it hold 2 rounds. Can't believe nobody makes one that hold 4? I've scoured the net and no dice. I was wondering if there is someone that can make one. I hunt in grizzly country and would like a few more at the ready.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ndvarmint View Post
    The factory one has 2 rounds. I bought another and it hold 2 rounds. Can't believe nobody makes one that hold 4? I've scoured the net and no dice. I was wondering if there is someone that can make one. I hunt in grizzly country and would like a few more at the ready.

Man, hate to burst your bubble, but i dont think youre getting more than 2 rounds off at a charging bear with a scoped bolt gun.

Banned
    Thats what a side arm is for. A 22 pistol should work…. Because de du ones dat Bounce Around!!

Seriously though, I agree with the above response. Your bolt action hunting rifle was not designed for defensive purposes. If you are concerned of animal attack, carry a large caliber handgun. If you want more rounds in your rifle switch to another stock or chassis that accepts AICS 5rd magazines.

Yeah, get your point but I have had to track wounded elk before. One for a few hours, jumped it and a griz happened to be fairly close so after shooting the elk 2x then seeing the grizzly who was relatively close, 2 close to be wasting time f ing, extra ammo in the mag would be nice. Also, when happening upon a pack of wolves and having multiple tags, well you know

Basic Member
    I have carried a .44 mag, .41 mag and most recently a 9mm when i am in grizzly country. i read an article that any handgun is effective in stopping a bear attack and statistically the only one that was maybe undergunned was the .22 LR. all of the others were within a few percent of each other in stopping the attack. remember stopping the attack means warding it off or killing it. even being statistically less effective, the .22 LR was still greatly effective. i settled on my 9mm this last time because in my mind the ability to draw quicker was a benefit, and my 9mm holster is just better for that... and statistically very close to the .41 and .44 magnum in stopping the bear attack.

Banned
    Modern Ammunition has pretty much leveled the playing field with pistol ammunition. Although 44 mag is at the top of the curve. In the past there was a difference & cartridges like 9mm & 45ACP had lower velocity & weaker constructed projectiles. However, just look at any modern ballistics gel penetration test. The problem is too many still believe in the mythical novelty of stopping power from muzzle energy. The notion of the energy transfer shocking the intended target to death. True energy transfer damage doesn’t happen until high power rifles with thousands of pounds of muzzle energy. With pistol cartridges, blood loss and central nervous damage is what stops. This applies to all mammals! Although, tests show anything below 9mm does not have sufficient penetration for even 2-legged critters, let alone the big hairy 4-legged ones.

Now that I’ve posted many days after this thread was posted, I’m sure someone will now say something.. either to specifically counter me or other agenda. Someone, I’m sure, will start talking about their hunting, with anecdotal accounts & such. However, we don’t form theory on anecdotal evidence.