Thread: Took the SSP-91 out

Basic Member

Took the SSP-91 out

We are spending a little time in Fla visiting friends and there's a good range in the area so I decided to bring one of my SSP's along for a workout. 7mm BR, 4895 under a 145gr SP. After re-zeroing the scope, it started doing pretty good even with the wind we were having. Awkward,but interesting pistol. Fun to shoot, for a while then the recoil from the 7BR starts on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by 61Knuckle View Post
    We are spending a little time in Fla visiting friends and there's a good range in the area so I decided to bring one of my SSP's along for a workout. 7mm BR, 4895 under a 145gr SP. After re-zeroing the scope, it started doing pretty good even with the wind we were having. Awkward,but interesting pistol. Fun to shoot, for a while then the recoil from the 7BR starts on the wrist.

Sounds like fun.

I don't recall ever seeing an SSP-91 in person, sounds like a good time.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Basic Member
    Bob, I think I have seen 6, maybe 7, SSP-91's in real life at shows and gun stores. Stainless steel examples are even scarcer, never seen one in the flesh. I own 2 of them, they aren't common. I acquired my first, a .308, in 1993 or 94, the second, the 7mmBR, came in 2017. SSP's usually are found in heavier chamberings and aren't much for extended range sessions with old wrists, a .223 would be great.
    If you would like to own one, try Gunbroker. They show up now and then, frequently over priced for an orphan gun like these.