I removed a shot out aftermarket barrel without a problem. Cleaned the threads on the new barrel, barrel nut, and action. I found that I could not thread the aftermarket barrel nut onto the new barrel. I searched the problem and found that others have used emery cloth to polish the threads enough to allow threading of the nut. After working the issue for a while without success, I moved on to threading the barrel into the SS receiver. I usually apply Permatex and thread the barrel in and out a few times. I found that I couldn't thread the barrel in, and had to back the bolts on the action wrench almost all the way out to allow threading fully into the receiver. Once the barrel was in, I tightened the bolts in as far as I could and still move the barrel. Headspaced with the go/no-go gauges. I was able to use the aftermarket recoil lug that the rifle was bedded with. Was not able to use the aftermarket barrel nut, so used the nut that came with the BVSS. I don't anticipate problems with this set up. This is the 6th barrel I've installed and haven't experienced this before.