Hello forum,

I recently purchased a Savage 110 Carbon Predator in 300BO. The rifle is very accurate with multiple ammo types, both handloaded supersonic and subsonic loads. Certainly shoots better than me. I added a new muzzle device to the front, and that works well also. No change in accuracy or POI was noticeable.

Then I screwed on the suppressor, a Banish 30 Gold, and the POI shift is extreme, to say the least. At 15 yards the POI shifted almost 6 inches down and 2 inches to the right. I immediately suspected a baffle strike or endcap strike so I removed it and examined everything. I did not see any physical marks or damage to the suppressor. I took a few additional shots, and observed similar POI shift again, and the shifted group size was pretty big. I took it apart and again did a visual check. No visible damage or marks anywhere.

The same suppressor works perfectly fine on my 300BO AR with very minimal POI shift with the same group of ammo and I'm using identical muzzle devices on both rifles.

I don't have a .30 alignment rod, but I used a section of a large cleaning rod to check for any obvious alignment issues. It seems good.

I'm new to this carbon fiber covered 16 inch barrel and the rifle. Does this make sense to anyone here? Thank you for reading.