I was given an old NRA 19 by my grandfather 50 years ago. For most of my life, I didn't know what it was. The markings on the barrel showed patent dates and no model number. There is no serial number anywhere on the rifle- whereas all the examples I've seen pictures of show it forward of the bolt and behind the ejection port. The description NRA 19 is not anywhere on the rifle. The butt plate has logo depicting the screaming chief holding a rifle with the word Savage over the top. the butt plate is stamped on the underside 671 and it matches the same 671 stamp into the wood of the butt plate. I don't have factory sights or a magazine, though I'm actively looking for the sights now, and have ordered a magazine yesterday- after market 7 shot made by CSSparts. It's also missing the middle barrel band with sling swivel. I'm thinking this is one of the earliest 19's made, but can't prove it. And I'd like to restore it to it's original condition if possible. Parts are scarce though. Anyone have any idea what the history of this rifle might be? Is it older or newer than 1920's? thank you-