I’ve said it here before, but bare with me. Haven’t explained the whole story.

My love for Savage 110 rifles starts when I was 18. While being a dumb kid, yes, I was already at that time proficient with firearms. Safety training & instruction started for me when I was 12. We actually had a Church boys group and a handful of us had shown prowess (more so extreme interest), in learning firearms through & through. So several of the Elders & Deacons, being hunters, involved in shooting sports & one being a firearms instructor, took the small group of us young men to train on Monday nights at a local Police Barracks Armory, who they had contacts with. For anyone familiar with South East Pennsyltucky, it was the actually the Chester Armory. This instruction gave me a solid foundation & laid the ground work for my entire firearms pathway.

Back to being 18yo, that is when I purchased my first Savage rifle. A Model 111 in 30-06 with black synthetic stock & a Simmons 3-9x40 scope. Growing up & living in Delco, Pa, did not afford us any good shooting spots aside from joining a range. Which, at 18yo was a foreign & novel concept to me at the time. However, I did know of a particular spot where I could any day I wanted and shoot my heart out…. For Free! This was of course, one of the game lands ranges that the powers that be have built through Pennsylvania. The one closest to me & the only one I knew of at the time was the range at French Creek Stare Park. In just about 45-50 mins me and a buddy could be there and have the proverbial BLAST, so to speak. We soon found that the dead of winter was the time to go the most. We’d be out there every week at the buttcrack of dawn. With our rifles (I had also purchased a Model 10 in 308 for friend to use by then), and a big thermos of coffee, we stay there for several hours, in the cold and usually completely alone! What great times those were. I still thing of these days quite often.