Yikes! I need some advice. I have a Model 112, 6.5x284 Norma, accutrigger, BVSS. Supposedly it was a limited edition rifle (savage didn't recognize it at first) but apperehently they were distributed by a Bill Hicks Guns?). So I purchased, from an individual online, a McMillian HTG stock that was inletted for the 112 long action w/accutrigger. The action fits great. But when I pulled my centerfeed magazine from the BVSS stock and put into the McMillan, there was alot of slop in the hidden box compartment of the stock, now the magazine wants to come up into the action/reciever.

Before I bought the stock I called McMillan and was told that the only thing I had to look out for was if the MCM stock was inletted for the detachable box magazine or hidden box mag. I asked if there was a difference between the staggerfeed and centerfeed magazine styles and was told "no". I called them this morning and was told that there is a difference between the SF and CF and my alternative was to buy a new stock.

It looks like I could possible shim and bed the magazine in place or I'm wondering if I purchased a Stagger feed mag that would fit the stock, would the rifle function? Any thoughts and help are greatly appreciated.