Thread: New guy here from south central WI.

New guy here from south central WI.

Greetings! I've lurked here for a few years and have gathered helpful information by reading posts. In the last week I rebarreled a model 112 series J, model 12, and a model 10. The 12 in a Choate stock converted to 284 Win turned out perfect with no problems. The 10 converted to 338 Federal turned out well but the Accustock and lug caused some frustrations. The 112 being converted to 6.5x55 Swede is still a work in progress.

Upon reassembly, I noticed the sear spring was just spinning loose and doing nothing. After removing the sear pin the trigger just fell apart. This is the older two piece sear and after spending nearly two days trying to put it together I gave up after the sear spring flew off not to be found. Also, the trigger pull screw cover was found when the trigger fell apart. Does the cover just slip in front of the safety on the tang with dimple up? I cannot find any information about this part after two days of searching.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Banned
    Welcome.

Sorry you’re having trouble. You’ll have to be more clear, or include a picture. I’m not familiar with any Trigger Pull Screw Cover. Is this a 3-screw trigger with the bar trigger spring?

For reference, here’s a pre-Accutrigger 3-screw trigger assembly with 2-piece Sear, fully disassembled with every part. This was one of the member’s triggers here I worked on.

Here is the trigger. It's from a 112 series J long action single shot Varminter from 1975. Well kinda, I have no clue how to add a picture.

Team Savage
    howdy

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't checked back since I cannot figure out how to post pics.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassetman1974 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I haven't checked back since I cannot figure out how to post pics.

Use https://imgbb.com/ Upload photos from your computer or smart phone/tablet, then click the picture after it’s finished loading and copy the BBCode link from the list. Then simply paste the copied link right in the thread. In your post. It will be a link when you post it but be a full size picture when you finish your post & hit post reply.This is called 3rd party hosting. You don’t need to join the site or even provide email. It’s 100% free. It’s what I use most of the time to save the Bandwidth here.

Welcome.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Welcome aboard!
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain