Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.8 SPC is just the ticket for a late season doe!

Team Savage

call Andy at MGM the 277 wolverine with a rim cut will be easy enough, provide them with a few cases, they did rim cut my 221 FB 300 BO and my version of a 338 whisper ish all the barrels were made by them. I did drop that hint today when I talked to him, We need a rimmed Wolverine !!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmarine View Post
    BobT Show me the rimmed round please... maybe you shouldn't, The MGM thing started happing after the new owners NO MORE CUSTOM chambers is where it started I buy only straight un foo foo barrels any way, There not hard rock candy there for shootin not for lookin
    I'll have to dig around and find it Sunny, I sold my reloading house last summer and my stuff is split up between house, garage and 2 storage units.

I thought I replied to you yesterday but I guess I didn't hit the post button hard enough !
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Bob, that could be named the 270 Super Mag, along the same lines as the 256 Super Mag.

After my recent experience working with Troy at Bullberry and the quality of the product, any future custom barrels I order will be Bullberry’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjshell View Post
    Bob, that could be named the 270 Super Mag, along the same lines as the 256 Super Mag.

After my recent experience working with Troy at Bullberry and the quality of the product, any future custom barrels I order will be Bullberry’s.
    I remember ordering one MGM barrel back in the day, sending them a 6.5 tapered blank that I had. The chamber was not nearly to the tolerances that Bullberry was providing and I never ordered any of their barrels again. I've had a couple of the SSK Hunters - plenty adequate but they're essentially factory barrels.

Troy is the only one I'd trust with a custom barrel at this point. The work is spot on and he goes the extra mile to make things absolutely right in any situation.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by BobT View Post
    I thought I replied to you yesterday but I guess I didn't hit the post button hard enough !
    I get the same thought pattern daily

Quote Originally Posted by Mjshell View Post

I'm seriously tempted, I might do a mock up and push the shoulder forward a touch to get the neck length short enough that it doesn't need trimming. Dang it! Anybody have a few Starline cases they would part with
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Now that we have completely trampled J A XSP's thread maybe we should start another one! Sorry buddy I didn't mean to derail you!

Quote Originally Posted by BobT View Post
    Now that we have completely trampled J A XSP's thread maybe we should start another one! Sorry buddy I didn't mean to derail you!
    No need to apologize on my account. :D Thread drift can be entertaining and useful. If a story encourages interesting back-and-forth about related subjects. I'm good with it. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12