Thread: 110 ULTRALITE in 300 WSM

110 ULTRALITE in 300 WSM

I have a high country in 300 WSM w/ the muzzlebrake. It's a tad front heavy and was looking for something a bit lighter. The HC shoots lights out and took me all of about 3 loads to find a sweet spot that put five 150 gr Accubonds into .25" @ 100 yards.

Was debating on a 110 storm then saw Cabelas was having a clearance on the 110 ULTRALITEs and decided to go that route and ordered one.

Does the Ultralite have the aluminum internal chassis Accufit stock?

Read one post saying they don't, which would be a head scratch-er. The Accufit stock on my HC works fine, no fore-end flex at all and fits me. First thought is the HC stock would fit the Ultralite, same bolt release, barrel diameter, mag, etc.

thanks

Banned
    The Ultralite does not have the Aluminum bedding & stiffener. That is part of the Accustock included features. The Ultralite is equipped with only the Accufit system, which includes adjustable Comb height & LOP. The Accustock & Accufit ​are two different systems.

I bought a 110 ultralite in .300 WSM for a 2022 Dall sheep hunt in Alaska. It's more rifle than needed for sheep, but I wanted something with a reasonable chance to stop a brown bear if needed. I couldn't find any factory load (tried five) that would group well and experienced several mis-feed incidents. I would guess that around 1 in 10-20 shots at the range resulted in the dry fires with no round in the chamber. I ended up bringing my 6.5mm PRC instead (also a 110 Ultralite). The .300 WSM has been sitting in my gun safe unused since then.

Banned
    What do you mean dry fires with no round in the chamber? Do you mean it was misfiring? Can you explain what was actually happening? Then we can can likely guide you to what the issue & fix is.

And welcome to the forum. BTW: feel free to post in the Introductions section & tell us a little about yourself. Where you are from, your shooting career, love, hate or indifference to Savage firearms; whatever you feel like saying.

I picked mine up last week. Have not been to the range yet, weather/work/deer season/etc.. Replaced the accutrigger w/ a Rifle Basix. Have Timney's in my other two 110s, but decided to try a RB. Kinda liking it more than the Timneys. I do have a XLR Element chassis on order but plan on doing some initial work w/ the factory stock. I can see where people have issues w/ the non-aluminum bedded stocks. Didn't take much to bed and improve the rigidity on the base platform. With a 15-20 week lead time on the XLR chassis, I'm going to do some initial work w/ the factory stock. Probably going to start w/ the loads the High Country likes to see if the Ultralite duplicates the accuracy.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultratec00 View Post
    I picked mine up last week. Have not been to the range yet, weather/work/deer season/etc.. Replaced the accutrigger w/ a Rifle Basix. Have Timney's in my other two 110s, but decided to try a RB. Kinda liking it more than the Timneys. I do have a XLR Element chassis on order but plan on doing some initial work w/ the factory stock. I can see where people have issues w/ the non-aluminum bedded stocks. Didn't take much to bed and improve the rigidity on the base platform. With a 15-20 week lead time on the XLR chassis, I'm going to do some initial work w/ the factory stock. Probably going to start w/ the loads the High Country likes to see if the Ultralite duplicates the accuracy.
    I have a 6.5 Creedmoor, 300wsm and a 28 nosler all in the ultralites and the accuracy is right up there with my best rifles. I am sure that once you get used to shooting lightweight rifles that you will have great accuracy. BUT, it takes practice, practice and more practice to shoot a 6 LB rifle as well as heavier rifles.