Thread: Savage 110 FB

Savage 110 FB

I picked up a Savage 110Fb in 308. It's a synthetic stock, heavy barrel and the bolt reads Savage Tactical. Sn starts with a F411xxx. Is this a early model 110 from the mid 80's? We're these good shooter's? Any info is appreciated.

Banned
    Your rifle was made in 1995, not the 80’s. Yes, absolutely it can be a good shooter. Have you fired it? How does it shoot?

I just picked it up today. It came with a 5 star Redfield scope on it. I have not fired it yet.

Should work well for you. Looking forward to your first range report with her. Whatta Hobby!
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Banned
    I recommend (if you have the ability), to remove the the Action screws & separate the Action from Stock. Clean the underside of the Action & inside the the Stock bedding & channel, making certain there are I foreign objects, dirt, debris, etc. Reassemble the two & torque the Action screws to 35in.lbs front & 25in.lbs. Rear. Then loosen remove scope & rings, verify torque on rail screws and reinstall scope & rings in placement for your eye. Inspect & clean the bore & chamber thoroughly before firing. Clean the bolt head & such. When you shoot it first, i recommend having at least three different types of ammunition.

By doing all this first, you’ll have a baseline. And if there is a problem or accuracy is poor, you’ll know you’ve already checked & remedied any of the simple simple causes.

Thanks for all the good info. It might be awhile before I get a chance to shoot it.Here in Mich we got a bunch of snow. I usually just go to the gravel pit near my house to shoot.