Thread: List of close-out Van Horn barrels

Team Savage

List of close-out Van Horn barrels

I will put it in the classifieds, but here it is as well since most of the interest in these has been in this forum.

---

OK, here is a list of his barrels. His name is Craig, and his # is 602-316-8299. He will also have a bunch of stocks to sell soon for Dave. One is a little hard to read, but if you zoom in a bit, you'll be able to make it out.

Basic Member
    Bobby...Thanks for posting.

I spoke with him a few time today on the phone & by text, he was pleasant & helpful, and sent pix of the barrels that seemed interesting
    immediately.

Ended up with 2 of them (so far...might not be done yet!).

I also told him when he gets time , to send me his updated list of what is left, and i would post it here...a number of these are already gone.

g~

Nice list! I see a couple chamberings I’d like, but I would prefer for an Encore due to having a frame and stock set available. I’m short on Contender gear. Ugh.

Basic Member
    Craid called me again today; he unpacked several sets of Encore stock sets, and he also has a G2 stock set. He hadnt finished counting all, but he had quite a few encore stocks.

And...if you happen to live out west, he has Small Rifle Primers (i beleieve they were the CCI white box). He did say he cant ship primers, so face-to-face would be the only option on those. His price was fair, I believe he lives in Mojave County, Arizona.

Give him a shout with any questions.

Basic Member
    Dag-Nag-it Bobby !
    This thread is starting to put a strain on my wallet. I've tried to pick up a Van Horn barrel several times in the past when one came up for sale but was always too late. Heard they were good shooting barrels. Soon I will find out for myself as I have two headed my way and would like another if I knew I could secure some dies for it.

Lol. Thanks for posting the list l. It's a good deed for a couple of good guys.

Team Savage
    Craig will have an updated list soon with more barrels added. I'll post it as soon as he gets it to me.

My .270x.225 AI (aka .270 JDJ) that arrived last week is showing lots of promise with fireforming loads.

Looking forward to the updated list. I’m still teetering on a couple from the first list.

Basic Member
    Craig called me yesterday and sent a pic of the old list, which had his sold items crossed off, will try to upload that tomorrow to show what is still available.

He will be traveling for a bit to visit family, but should be back in a few weeks & he thinks he will have the new list of stuff after that, will post that also.

I'd already have bought one or two of those things but all my "extra" money has gone to SSK-50 frames. :D

Basic Member