Got one yesterday. Not showing much use and what use there was was a long time ago judging from the congealed, oxidized goo in the action.
She's got the plastic sights, checkered stained hardwood stock. I replaced the fuzzy Bushy Sportview 3x9 with a Redfield Tracker SE 4x and will make do with the Kwiksite see through mounts until I find better.
I cleaned and adjusted the trigger to a very nice, consistent 3 & 1/2 pound pull.
I've had a few 110s over the years, but this one shows better fit/ finish than the others.
Once I got the oxidized goo off the bolt, I was surprised how smooth the bolt runs. Not 110 smooth, but SMOOTH! She cocked a bit stiff and the extraction cam was a bit loose. Tightening the bolt plug screw put it right.
Haven't got her dirty yet, but hope to soon.
I looked at a lot of rifles before I bought this one. A deciding factor was there's nothing this rifle will need that REQUIRES a gunsmith. A good trait to have nowadays! And quality wise, these old 110s are head and shoulders above what passes for a bolt action rifle today. No rifle should go ZIIIP when running the bolt!
Used to see 110s for sale all the time. Not anymore...