Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to do, what to do???

Team Savage

That should put you right at 6.5 JDJ performance close any way, I may have to buy one of those new Garmin radars

Basic Member
    257 JDJ!!!!! 🤣 I use to have a 17 inch 257
    JDJ Encore barrel until my son started hunting! Now
    he’s claiming it!

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by HHI6818 View Post
    257 JDJ!!!!! 藍 I use to have a 17 inch 257
    JDJ Encore barrel until my son started hunting! Now
    he’s claiming it!
    Hah! I think I predicted he'd relieve you of that rig. I remember the videos you had shared years ago. B was lethal with that .257 JDJ no matter if it was inanimate targets or deer.

I gave serious though to another .257 JDJ and was leaning heavily that way until the .270 x .225 IMP (.270 JDJ) from Van Horn came into the picture.

Team Savage
    Sunday pondering... Wouldn't it be nice if I could just be satisfied with just one...... well but then ... and.... just one more.....oh I forgot about that one....Ah who am I kidding.... I need that one too.... oh yeah.. yep need one of those

Bobby, Almost don't want to know, But I'm sure your going to tell me anyway.

Now I'm wondering who has that reamer

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmarine View Post
    That should put you right at 6.5 JDJ performance
    Sunny, out of curiosity, I put together a chart pitting my 6.5 Bullberry with a 24" barrel and a 120 grain Ballistic Tip at 2600 fps versus a .270 JDJ with a 130 grain Ballistic Tip at 2575 fps. I don't have that barrel yet, but data from a 14" shows 2440-2487 fps with a 130 grain Nosler, so I figure 2575 should be a safe goal from the 21" tube. Here's how they stack up.

Basic Member
    Looks like performance wise, the 270JDJ holds its own very well when compared with the 6.5 version. And, as a plus, if that one does shoot 130's well, i've noticed in the off season when deer seasons are closed, .270 bullets usually seem to be very readily available.

Looking forward to range reports. Have you decided what glass is going in this one?

Team Savage
    Unless I do some swapping around and playing musical scopes, I am going to put a GPO 7.5x50 on it for now. Was going to get one from one of my favorite vendors here in the states, but I found one for significantly less in Slovenia. I ordered it Sunday, and it will be here tomorrow. With shipping, custom fees, etc., the total for the scope was something like $428.

I've ordered multiple items from Optics Trade EU and have been well-pleased each occasion. And the shipping time just floors me. The longest it has taken has been four business days, and that's because of a sorting/routing issue in Louisville. The other times, it has always been two to three days.

As to the scope, the mid-to-upper-end GPO scopes have very nice optics. They claim to have improved the illumination system and tailored it more for low light usage. Previous GPOs were simply too bright on their lowest setting at dusk/twilight. I'm curious to find out if that is indeed true.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmarine View Post
    My three reasons to buy all the 225 win bras I run across in order of my choice 257 JDJ 20" 12.5" , 6.5 JDJ 20" 226 JDJ 14", I want a 20" 226 JDJ but have decided to see if I run in to one already made,

Bobby much like the accuracy of the 25-35 I got from you the 257 JDJ shoots like a laser as well, Mondays 5 shot group 1" at 300 yards, This Monday it was a perfect day just warm enough to need only a sweat shirt and a hint of a directly down range breeze that would die for 10 minutes at a time and the 20" 257 of old SSK barrel made my day

I am considering another 225 win I have 2 of them also, A 1-12 and a 1-10 thinking a 1-8 is needed
    Sunny I'm glad to see that 20" 257 JDJ doing well for you and getting some time at the range instead of just in my safe.

Team Savage
    Bruce, I had almost sold it a time or two wanting a stainless barrel instead, Timing and no way am I paying that much for a barrel kept this one in the corral, Then after shooting it (I still want stainless) I will be keeping it just in case I ever get a blue G2 frame

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123