Thread: Help pricing an action

Team Savage

Help pricing an action

I could use some help with pricing an action. I had been off this site for several years but had over 500 posts ( same name Cover Dog) but had to start over.

Savage SS single shot Varmint/Target action. RBRE Small shank short action 4.4” spacing .473 bolt face. This action was T&T by SSS and has the no longer available SSS Evolution Trigger. Excellent condition. SN G233xxx cir 2004

Thanks to any and all that will respond

Saw one of these sell for I think 700 a few months ago over on another site. Setup the same way. Basically a Benchrest only action with that trigger, so that limits the amount of interested parties.
    Just be sure if you offer it for sale that it’s in our classified section and not here. Otherwise the thread will probably be locked or deleted.

Banned
    Join Team Savage and you can list it for sale in the Classifieds for whatever you think it’s worth. You know what you paid for the parts, right?

It’s just odd to me. You’re probably the 6th or more new member in the last month, asking what a Savage they wish to sell is worth. It’s just, I never once made a thread asking others what something I want to sell is worth. It’s just strange to me?? I always just listed it for what I wanted, or searched online for like merchandise. Certainly a strange phenomenon.

Basic Member
    I think it's just testing the water to see if there is a lot of interest. I've been seeing it more on other forums since the pandemic started.

I always test the waters by listing the item and see if it sells. If it ain’t selling the price is too high. If it sells real fast I shoulda done more research…lol
    An easy search of the item on about any forum will show past for sale ads, which will give an idea of what it has sold for. With this one being much more rare target action with that trigger setup, it can help you sell it on some sites and hurt on others. My advice is to list it on a site where you see a lot of Benchrest/target shooters, as they’re about the only ones who will be interested in it.
    And also add in a disclaimer in the ad about the action now not having a safety due to the trigger, and should not be used for hunting/carrying purposes. Not everyone is familiar with the evolution trigger.

Team Savage

Dave he's not a "new" member, he's a returning "old" member. You asked that question in his reintroduction post.

Nothing at all wrong with simply asking a value question. Rest assured mods are watching should any such post cross the line or attempt to become a pseudo sale post.