Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strikers

Basic Member

Strikers

What happened to all the Striker shooters?
    20 years ago at Specialty Pistols and a few here Striker posts were abundant. A lot of them pictured in nice Neal Cooper stocks . What happened I hardly ever see a Striker post anymore.

My venture into Striker pistols was pretty short lived, my gun was a Super Striker and while it was very accurate the stock just didn't fit my hand well at all so I traded it off. For whatever reason, I never managed to get my hands on one of Neal's stocks, that might have made the difference. I wonder what ever became of Neal, he was moving off grid on Kodiak the last time I talked to him.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

LOL Last I talked to Neal he was calling Kodiak bears in heavy thicket with about 4 yards of viability and realized what he was doing. He got out of there quick!!
    Lost his number when my phone got run over.
    Still have a few strikers. One wears his stock.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

I still have some but haven’t shot them much the last few years. I don’t target shoot as often as I use to and hunting with a center grip, with me anyway, is not as comfortable as rear grip TCs, so that’s what I take out. When hunting in WY where shots can be longer distances and I have more time to get set up, I’ve used a Striker many times for pronghorn and deer.

I have a 250 Savage AI barrel that I ordered from Mcgowen, almost 5 years ago, that I intend to put on one of them, but I just haven’t gotten around to finishing that project yet. Some day maybe I’ll get around to it.

I’m still here been locked out my account until now. My Striker’s are about all I shoot now

Not much activity here, most SP shooters prefer the XP basically because the better trigger options and aftermarket stocks. The striker came with I believe 3 different triggers and None were anything close to the one on XP’s. I like the one with the roller and all mine now have that one. Xp you can get after market stock and make then look pretty. But I’m fine with the big, heavy, ugly factory Striker stock for what I use it for mainly 600 and 1K shooting. One of the big pluses is I can rebarrel myself with aftermarket prefit barrel even switch the bolt head if need to for the caliber. I’m a do it your self guy so the striker fit my personality and I like having the ugliest gun on the line. That fits my personality also. At this stage of my life if I had to up my XPs or my Strikers the Strikers are staying home.
    though ?

Basic Member
    Sold my one and only Striker about a month and a half ago to a friend he loves it he put a redot scope on it, he carries it in hid side x side on doe eradication, I think he is at six or seven, no misses, all less than 50 yds.

Basic Member
    Had mine out of the safe to clean the other day, haven't shot it much lately. Mostly shooting rimfires right now, Chargers and Contenders. Range time around here is expensive and some of the ranges don't allow handloads. I am still keeping an eye out for a RF Striker.

Quote Originally Posted by 61Knuckle View Post
    Had mine out of the safe to clean the other day, haven't shot it much lately. Mostly shooting rimfires right now, Chargers and Contenders. Range time around here is expensive and some of the ranges don't allow handloads. I am still keeping an eye out for a RF Striker.
    someone blow somthing up with a reload? Why the concern going as far as to ban them and do they really check?
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member
    Probably based on hearsay or hinky lawyers/insurance. I only know, personally, of 1 injury from a handload blowup, and that was the shooter. No bystander injury. Several ranges have asked to see my ammo once or twice when I had out a Contender or Striker.

They could be destructive to a pistol range.

Team Savage
    Several took a hacksaw to a Choate BR stock and installed a short left hand 110 action. Always sound like a good project but could never find a SA Choate stock for a reasonable price. Any of those guys on this board? I do think the BATF frowned on this conversion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	443.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	10318
    Chote 28 Nosler 110 long action 16.5"
    Neal Copper 7STW Striker 15.5"
    XLR Evolution .284 win Striker 16.25"
    the Charger has a cut down 12" rifle barrel, front sight put back on and see thru scope mount. lots of Kidd parts
    Not shown is a cyclestart seven fingers
    Last edited by Blue Avenger; 01-18-2024 at 11:32 AM.

Well maybe the weather will warm up and dry up so I can go play with my Strikers until then just thought I would post just to keep this thread alive

Basic Member
    I picked up a Striker a while back. Factory 308, new barrel is 6.5x47 Lapua. Came with brass, dies, scope and load data. Has a Whitt brake on it also. Have no idea what I was thinking when I bought, not a young pup any more. It may well end up a rifle in 22BR or trade fodder for a build.
    Cutting a stock/chassis up has nothing to do with BATF. There are those that will interpret it differently. Just keep it to OAL of 25” I believe.
    A lot of 10/22’s were cut down and used as a rifle when length was OK, way before the SBR crap came about. Have had folks tell me it is illegal to have a rifle cartridge as a pistol, figure that out…..

Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post
    I picked up a Striker a while back. Factory 308, new barrel is 6.5x47 Lapua. Came with brass, dies, scope and load data. Has a Whitt brake on it also. Have no idea what I was thinking when I bought, not a young pup any more. It may well end up a rifle in 22BR or trade fodder for a build.
    Cutting a stock/chassis up has nothing to do with BATF. There are those that will interpret it differently. Just keep it to OAL of 25” I believe.
    A lot of 10/22’s were cut down and used as a rifle when length was OK, way before the SBR crap came about. Have had folks tell me it is illegal to have a rifle cartridge as a pistol, figure that out…..
    Great cartridge. Hopefully you’ll keep it in original form. There’s alot more rifles than Strikers in existence.

A Striker has been on my "bucket List" for 2 decades.
    Last week I found a 501 at the LGS on consignment... wished it was a C.F. version but when I got her home... DANG.
    With its Tasco 1.25-4X scope she is an AWESOME lil .22 out to 50 yards so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    A Striker has been on my "bucket List" for 2 decades.
    Last week I found a 501 at the LGS on consignment... wished it was a C.F. version but when I got her home... DANG.
    With its Tasco 1.25-4X scope she is an AWESOME lil .22 out to 50 yards so far.
    Congratulations on your purchase! No doubt you’ll enjoy it.

Makes me want to throw rocks at my 22/45 bull barreled Ruger that I thought was accurate!

I’m here, I shoot my strikers now more than xp’s now days mostly at 300, 600 and 1K. The XP’s where from back in my silhouette days
    all striker or mid grip and have aftermarket barrels but factory stock. I perfer the trigger set up that has the roller and set up as two stage
    and yes heavy. 223, 6BrX and 6.5 x284. Most of my shooting is with the 6 BrX

post just to keep active
    Last edited by ole95; 03-22-2024 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Add

Basic Member
    couple strikers 243, 308 and 501 in 22lr. My 501 got banned from the local 22 rifle sillywet matches, guess the rifle persons didn't like getting beat by an old guy with a pistol.. The range has a couple of pistol silly wet matches , but I mostly shot the other two at those. along with the xp's and tc's.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    My 501 got banned from the local 22 rifle sillywet matches, guess the rifle persons didn't like getting beat by an old guy with a pistol.. .
    This made me smile!
    Sux, but funny at the same time.

Basic Member
    501 in 22lr. My 501 got banned from the local 22 rifle sillywet matches,

Had to chuckle myself.
    30-40 years ago the center fire bench rest guys started building some really nice bench rest pistols and some of the top shooters were getting on board. Didn't take long for the rules comity to ban them.

By the time I purchased my first striker I had 4 xp's. For hard pounding field use I prefer the striker in its factory stock. You could drop it on the ground run it over and it won't hurt it.

Great story about your Striker experience, Fox.

Basic Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kelbly cub.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	10555

Kelblys was building the Bench rest pistols when the rules comity ka boshed them. They were 6PPC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast