Thread: Mods/upgrades on 11VT (Dick's Special)

Mods/upgrades on 11VT (Dick's Special)

I am wanting to improve (and obsess over) my 11VT. It was made by savage for Dick's Sporting Goods exclusively some time ago. Came with a big plastic target/varmint like stock, cheap scope and has the accu trigger. Overall cool rig, but Id like to replace the stock, and bolt handle, and am looking for others who have experience and info on this.

Any suggestions to improve the rifle would be appreciated. I wonder if one of the Boyd's stocks would work. The 11VT isn't often listed on selections for aftermarket products.

Banned
    Yes, Boyd’s has stocks for it. Under the Build & Price menu, choose Savage, model 11 Bottom Bolt Release & Short Action, Detachable Magazine, Bull barrel. Like the picture below. For Bolt Handles, there are several. Glades Armory, Lumley Arms, Factory Tactical & others. I’ve used both the Glades & the Lumley. I prefer the Lumley & use it now as it’s made of Titanium. Other items you should consider are new scope, rings & rail. There are so many different setups, I recommend just looking in Google for the Rings & scope rail you like. I prefer 7075-T6 Billet Aluminum Rings & 1-piece Picatinny rail. A bolt Lift Kit is good. Again, I recommend Lumley Arms fir theirs with the BAS.

https://lumleyarms.us/parts-by-make-...dle-right-hand

https://gladesarmory.com/product-cat...-bolt-handles/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Yes, Boyd’s has stocks for it. Under the Build & Price menu, choose Savage, model 11 Bottom Bolt Release & Short Action, Detachable Magazine, Bull barrel. Like the picture below. For Bolt Handles, there are several. Glades Armory, Lumley Arms, Factory Tactical & others. I’ve used both the Glades & the Lumley. I prefer the Lumley & use it now as it’s made of Titanium. Other items you should consider are new scope, rings & rail. There are so many different setups, I recommend just looking in Google for the Rings & scope rail you like. I prefer 7075-T6 Billet Aluminum Rings & 1-piece Picatinny rail. A bolt Lift Kit is good. Again, I recommend Lumley Arms fir theirs with the BAS.

https://lumleyarms.us/parts-by-make-...dle-right-hand

https://gladesarmory.com/product-cat...-bolt-handles/

Thank you so much!!!

Don't get to hung up on the "VT" part. It is just a standard short action 10 model. The Glamor is mostly in what stock was used, if the magazine is detachable and if something was screwed on top to make it ready to use. Easy changes to make a package that might make an appeal for sales. There easy to change. There not going to drop big money to make barreled actions so one off with any special machining to add cost and labor to production.
    Changing parts is pretty straight forward.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor