Thread: wore out powder drop

Basic Member

wore out powder drop

Hey guys. looking to replace my little Lee plastic powder drop. think i just wore it out. Not consistent any more. After looking at alot of them. The frankfurt Arsenal bench top drop caught my eye as a good value.. And it comes with a bracket. Anybody have one?? is it pretty accurate?? simple? Like to hear some opinions if you have one. Its in my El cheapo price range. thanks.

Have not seen that one. RCBS with Micro adj upgrade has worked well for me. Lyman, not so much. Used Lee on my progressive pistol presses with ok results. Not as handy to adj.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member
    Grumpy I hate to say it but you are going to have a hard time replacing that cheap Lee for accuracy. I have several different throwers and nothing out performs the Perfect. They are flimsy and a little cheesy but boy do they throw powder The Lee kids went backward with the new reservoir bottle they are using.

Basic Member
    I went electronic a few years ago. Until then I kept using the Lee. The only other one I've had was a Lyman and it wasn't any better than the Lee. Now, if I could find a Culver at a low price I might be tempted. Belding & Mull is another I would try if I could find one.

As a lark you might call Lee and see if they will get you a new one. They usually stand by their warranty. I get new parts from them every time I wear something out.

I have had decent results with my old Lyman 55, I also have a Harrell's Precision that works well, lately I have been using an RCBS Chargemaster Lite. With any of these, depending on the powder being used, I may throw a light charge and trickle up. I'll always throw a light charge and trickle up on anywhere near a max load.
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Basic Member
    Been using what Lee calls their Deluxe measure, was the Classic, for the past four or five years. Its all mental construction save for the powder reservoir. I use it for all powders but ball and flaked. For those I use my old trusty 55.
    No need to remove it from a bench, close the reservoir, dump any remaining powder, remove the reservoir then empty it into the powder container.
    Accuracy charge to charge? About same as any other run of the mill measure why I throw charge slightly under weight and trickle up. BTW, it doesn't cut kernels of extruded powders even those such as H4831
    https://leeprecision.com/deluxe-perfect-powder-measure
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.