Thread: Newbie question: Savage 110 Desert Tactical 300 Win mag

Newbie question: Savage 110 Desert Tactical 300 Win mag

I searched before posting but still need knowledge.

I just ordered a Savage 110 Desert Tactical in 300 Winchester magnum. This is my first Savage rifle. I have been a Remington shooter for many years but recent events (bankruptcy-theirs, not mine) have driven me from Remington. But I digress.
    My question is regarding a possible replacement stock. I don't know anything about the stock that comes on the rifle (it may be fine), but it's been my experience that the stock is often the first thing to be "upgraded."
    Does anyone know of a possible drop-in replacement tactical-type stock? It seems everyone makes replacements for the 700 actions but not so much for the Savage 110 long action.
    Also anything else I should know about this rifle is appreciated.

Banned
    Yes, Welcome!
    Well, your 110 Tactical Desert comes with the Accu-stock. The outside is standard polymer but there is a full Aluminum mount the Action is Bed in & a stiffener rail going the length of the forearm. Besides the aftermarket Glass stocks try be model 12’s & full Chassis the 110 Elite series are equipped with, the Accu-stock is Savage’s top of the line.

As for aftermarket, there are actually nearly countless options of both traditional stocks in hardwood, laminate, Polymer & Glass/C.Fiber, as well as many, many different Aluminum Chassis. There are even some Hybrids, which look more like a regular stock & even incorporate wood or Poly, but are actually full Chassis. What is it you are looking for? What style is your preference?

My Model 10 started as a used rifle I picked up from Gunbroker just for the Action.

It was built & first wore an MDT TAC21 Chassis.

This last year it was overhauled, Gita longer 28” barrel & is now in a Mirage URL Chassis. I did the Cerakote in Tactical Grey.

Welcome aboard. I have been going through the same process and decided that an ORYX chassis is what I wanted for my 110s. One in .223 and on in .308, both long actions. I have completed the .223 and waiting on the chassis for the .308. Next in line is the .308 in the stock shown. Whatta Hobby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sav 110.jpg   Boresight 110.jpg   Savage 110  .308 1.jpg  
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Appreciate the info gentlemen. I will give the "stock" stock a try first. It may prove to be just what I'm looking for after all. I should receive the rifle in a few days. I'm sure the holidays will slow everything. Looking forward to getting out to the range after mounting the scope.