Quote Originally Posted by Mark611 View Post
Thanks for the replies, guys, I do not hunt much anymore, just punch paper. I have a 6.5 Creedmoor build in the works, on a M12 action, I just thought before I put it all together that I would ask this question, but has been mentioned availability of factory ammo or ammo that might be easier to come across in a pinch is something to also keep in mind, 6.5 Creedmoor has gotten just as popular or available as 308win or 3006, the 308win is about the heaviest recoiling cartridge I care to shoot anymore, so with that said, Dave I think your right

For enthusiasts who simply shoot for the joy of it, I just think mid range cartridges like the 6.5 are ideal. Buy l’ll tell you this: 7 years ago I built my model 10 and went with 260 Remington. At that time, 6.5cm was still gaining its popularity. I went with 260 for several reasons, including brass availability then. Fast forward to this past year I just replaced the barrel. Instead of switching to 6.5cm, I stayed with 260 however, I went Ackley Improved. I can still shoot standard 260 Rem, and I actually prefer that as method of forming brass. As opposed to fire forming cases via Pistol Powder/cream of wheat, or other method lacking a bullet.

This setup will get me out to a mile, and I’ll never go past that, nor have any desire.