Thread: Accu stock recoil lug no idex tab?

Basic Member

Accu stock recoil lug no idex tab?

I bought one off of EBAY it has no index tab!!! Is this something new?

Not new for the acculug.

Basic Member
    Well its new to me. I bought a 110 action from NSS a couple of years ago and an accufit stock and the recoil lug WAS indexed cause I would have remembered. Now I'm in a funk, buy a tool I'll use little, chop up a standard lug. Or I guess I can drill a hole and drive a roll pin in it.
    I have every piece for this build including AICS magazine system,accustock,etc. I didn't see this coming so I am caught off guard here.

Basic Member
    Update, I got a standard recoil lug to work by cutting a notch in the center bedding block. The index tab sits below the action and hit the block,I have full contact across the bedding plane now. It did not "weaken" it, it is a solid aluminum block. It actually is a better fit.
    Why Savage didn't do one extra CNC step and redesigned the recoil lug is beyond me.
    I hope this might help someone in the future

Banned
    I agree. I would modify the Accustock block & use a standard lug everytime over the tiny little Lug they use.

Basic Member
    I had this conversation with James at NSS the other day, I tried to drop my M12 barreled action in factory forum into my ACCUFTIT stock and it would not go in, was just doing this to check receiver bolt spacing for a new MDT Oryx Chassie, the bolt spacing is the same, but the recoil lug would not go into the slot in the bedding block, James told me they were the same lug, but he also told me the recoil lug that came on the barreled action that came out of the ACCUFIT stock that recoil lug has to be used to fit the action back into that stock, so according to James if you re barrel that action you need to use that lug, at the time I did not look at lugs to see why it would not fit, I'm fitting new stocks to both my M12 and 110SA so both barreled actions are going to have new barrel lugs to better fit the MDT stocks, I can look again if anybody wants me to?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark611 View Post
    I had this conversation with James at NSS the other day, I tried to drop my M12 barreled action in factory forum into my ACCUFTIT stock and it would not go in, was just doing this to check receiver bolt spacing for a new MDT Oryx Chassie, the bolt spacing is the same, but the recoil lug would not go into the slot in the bedding block, James told me they were the same lug, but he also told me the recoil lug that came on the barreled action that came out of the ACCUFIT stock that recoil lug has to be used to fit the action back into that stock, so according to James if you re barrel that action you need to use that lug, at the time I did not look at lugs to see why it would not fit, I'm fitting new stocks to both my M12 and 110SA so both barreled actions are going to have new barrel lugs to better fit the MDT stocks, I can look again if anybody wants me to?
    Here’s an aftermarket taper lug like the original 110 Recoil Lug.

Here’s an aftermarket PTG non-tapered Lug.

And this is the factory Accu-Lug.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Here’s an aftermarket taper lug like the original 110 Recoil Lug.

Here’s an aftermarket PTG non-tapered Lug.

And this is the factory Accu-Lug.
    I saw all of that and ordered the accu stock lug "assuming" that the standard lug (height,width,etc) would not fit. What I found by mounting the receiver in the stock and actually looking is the dimensions are fine, the center block is machined square and will interfere with the index tab. I happen to have 3 loose stocks so I looked at them and each has a cut out to accommodate the index tab. So I busted out the Dremel and made a nice square notch making sure it was deep enough. The end result is I have more total surface area of contact,quite a bit more over a greater area.
    This is an ACCU stock not an ACCU fit by the way.
    Also I do recall after the ACCU fit build "I refereed to earlier" that when I mounted the scope and looked through it I freaked out thinking the base holes where off center. I loosened the action screws and saw how much "roll" was there. I lined it up and tightened it down,perfect. With that said I guess I had forgotten the index tab in my premature old age!
    That big amount of roll is solved with the notch provided you keep it centered.
    I know a lot of the guys here go to great lengths in search of accuracy and I may get blasted but I have never used a special lug or nut. I have found more accuracy with precision reloading than anything else.
    Last edited by kwarw1; 12-13-2023 at 07:58 PM. Reason: omission