Thread: Which Scope Rings/Rail, Mount did you choose & why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Which Scope Rings/Rail, Mount did you choose & why?

This should be a fun thread. Please share your scope mounting choice & why. What drew you to the parts used? What prevented you from some of the other choices?

I started using the Picatinny rail fan around 2004. I immediately learned the differences between Weaver & Picatinny (aka Mil-STD 1913 rail.) I’ve used several different brands over the years & have quite a conscionable choosing. Now, one thing we hear so often & I am Honestly against it, is “Look to what the top performers are using.” I couldn't care less what the pros use. That doesn’t tell me anything. The best shooters use a brand that will sponsor them. Sure it’s a top brand, but who cares. They are the best because they use a top brand name… They use the top brand names because they are the best! I prefer doing my own research and finding the best for within my budget.
    I prefer Billet Aluminum mounting and will accept only 7075-T6 Aluminum. I like the rings to have top caps with 2-screws per side (4 total). As for the bottom half mounting to the rail, a single screw is fine. In years past I was partial to the “tactical” style using a 7/16” nut on the outside. And I’ve also used the QD (Quick Disconnect) style. Now I like the either 1 large or the 2 smaller flat top screws for a clean look. Another feature I prefer is the Cross mounting Lug machined directly into the bottom of the rail. On all the Tactical option rings I’ve used in the past, the screw itself served as the Cross Lug for the ring.

For a Rail, I am comfortable with an of the well known 7075, Picatinny rails. Warne, EGR, Leupold & Talley-which is what I use now. A Talley with 20MOA. My top pick would be the Murphy Titanium rail, but that price, mm! Maybe one day if I find a good enough coupon, HAHA!
    I spent quite a bit of time searching for new rings. During the search I came across the Audere brand. I had never heard of them as they are Italian made. The company makes a few options, both Rings & 1-piece mounts. I decided their PSR rings were perfect. Having all the features I was looking for. The machined in Cross Lugs & all. They also have a built in bubble level which is a nice touch & the machined surface grip lines is another added feature that is welcomed. When I received them I knew it was the right choice. Even their packaging was fantastic. I appreciate any company who will put this level of care into making certain their product is safe during transport. As I studied them more I also found that both March Optics & IOR Valdada use Audere scope mounts/rings branded with their name/logo. That was reassuring of quality before ever purchasing. Last was the price. At $149, they aren’t the cheapest, however, they also aren’t even close to the highest prices.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2857BA5C-1C52-4924-9515-055802B2A3AA.jpg   EE71BEA1-A0BC-4B8D-9034-10E038084B6F.jpg   2E5C2ECC-B385-42EF-BCB9-E5AEF6B99BB7.jpg